· Job type
Admin and Secretarial
· External Reference
Office and Secretarial - Administration Manager
Name of Role: VSI Call Handler (Admin Officer) Shift E - Part-Time
The role will be hybrid following training, 40% office attendance expected. Part time staff do one weekend day in the office and one Wednesday a month in the office.
Salary: £12.84 per hour
Duration: To start asap after security clearance obtained.
Hours: Hybrid - Part-Time - 19HRS per week -> 4 days per week
WED- FRI: 17h:00 - 21h:00
SATURDAY : 09h:15 - 16h:45
Adecco are looking for temporary administrators to work at the Home Office in Liverpool. To be successful you will have a keen eye for detail, good customer service, the ability to multitask, be organised and able to work well under pressure as well as enjoy communicating with a wide range of people.
· Adecco Paid Holiday and Boost Benefits offering discounts on products
· Learning and development tailored to your role
· An environment with flexible working option
ADECCO are looking for Call Handlers (Administrative Officer Grade) to work in the Visas, Status & Information Department at the Home Office. The desired candidate must have excellent communication skills, evidence of being customer focused and the ability to work in a changing environment while remaining focused on targets. Applicants would benefit from previous experience of working in an office environment/call centre.
· Communicate with customers via e-mail and telephone to assist them through their journey to settle in the UK
· Provide complete and informed responses as first contact to all customers in a polite and professional manner using email and telephony systems
· Review customer information, including information provided as part of their application, to assess any further action they may need to take
· Advise customers appropriately to ensure first time resolution
· Accurately enter all necessary information onto internal IT systems so that customer contact is recorded
· Routing cases appropriately based on the information received
· Work as part of a team, developing, and maintaining excellent working relationships to deliver what is needed for customers
· Build effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
· Provide support to new colleagues, who will be permanent members of the CRC team, including coaching and floor walking support where appropriate
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to engage with a wide range of diverse customers
· Ability to work well as part of a team collaboratively to achieve overall operational goals
· Excellent work ethic, process drive
· Resilience and ability to work well under pressure
· Flexibility with ability and willingness to adapt quickly to change without losing efficiency
· Excellent admin/IT skills, specifically MS Office Suite applications
Security Clearance: Due to the sensitive nature of the work, we will need to apply, on your behalf, for security clearance and you will need to meet the following requirements:
· Resided in the UK for the last 3 years
· Have a *current* British Passport or settlement status
· NI Number
· 2 x proof of addresses (all in UK)
· 5 years full history with no gaps of more than 1 month
· 3 years solid reference with no gaps of more than 1 month
Due to the nature of the work at the Home Office, the role can be subject to change based on the business needs at the time. Therefore, they need candidates with a flexible nature that can deal with change.
If placed into a role you will undergo extensive training and the expectation is that you will stay in that role for the duration of the assignment, or a minimum of 4 months, before we can reassign you into a different business area. If you feel the role upon offer is not suitable you will need to discuss this prior to undergoing training.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Lucy Nzeyimana