Romford, Greater London
£ 23000 - £ 28000 / Year
Banking & Financial Services - Insurance & Actuarial
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
We currently have 2 brand new permanent opportunities for an Underwriter to join a successful insurance broker based near to Romford!
The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for New Business, Existing Business and Renewals, to assist the team and be a referral point for Trainees. The role requires dealing with brokers over the phone and via e-mail.
We are looking for candidates who are analytical, with great attention to detail, flexibility and is self-motivated.
** Please note, this role will move to our client's offices in The City once training has been completed in the coming months **
· Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business, Existing Business & Renewals
· Understand the processes and procedures require to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client's demands and needs.
· Understand the processes and procedures required to answer a customer's query in relation to a Mid-Term Adjustment
· Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently
· Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
· Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers
· Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person
· Required to be a referral point for Trainees within the Department
· Required to attend & coordinate broker meetings
· Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including the company's obligations to insurers.
· Required to understand technical knowledge of the company's product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions and conditions of the policy wordings
We are keen to speak with candidates who have proven experience working within a broking or underwriting environment. CII qualification an advantage but is not essential!
I have had the privilege of working with this company for almost 10 years now so I would be more than happy to tell you more about the company, the culture and the people. Please apply today or call Anna at Adecco Romford to find out more!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Anna Nolan