Manchester (Manchester) Sales
£ 23000 - £ 26000 / Year
· Job type
Transport and Rail
· External Reference
Transport & Logistics - Transport Admin
Adecco Manchester are pleased to be working with growing Logistics and Warehousing business to recruit for a Transport Operator to join the business due to growth. This role will specialise within General Haulage and the ideal candidate will have experience in this sector.
· Starting of £23'000-£26'000 depending on experience
· 4 on 4 off - 12 hour shifts
· Office based in Trafford Park, Manchester
· Monthly pay
· Great benefits
Role and responsibilities
This position is key role within the transport division that will support the Transport Planner and Manager in ensuring that all drivers of a 50+ fleet are managed, dispatched and compliant. Duties will include:
· Supporting the Transport Manager with the effective management of fleet and drivers
· Ensure drivers have been pre-briefed at the start of their shift
· Drivers are equipped with and are provided with all equipment applicable to their role. Trained to use the Company's technology
· Maintain the Company's transport system (Truckcom) to monitor jobs, progress and keep on top of queries and ensure drivers are on track with their duties
· De-brief drivers at the end of their shift, ensure Tacho cards are downloaded, paperwork filled in correctly, folders are complete, POD's scanned and vehicle standards are upheld
· Scan and check POD's when necessary and retrain drivers on their responsibilities if required
· Check driver folders to ensure keys, mobile tablet and fuel cards are present and replenish all paperwork
· Raise any non-conformance immediately to the relevant person
· Support with managing driver infringement reports, ensure drivers are briefed and reports are signed off
· Ensure any goods returned are checked, logged and dealt with as per customer requirements
· Vehicle or trailer defects that are reported are dealt with appropriately
· Facilitate a shift hand-over at the start and end of each shift
· Monitoring of traffic on and off site and dealing with visitors to the site as and when required
The ideal candidate will have a background within the logistics industry in a similar role, or a role with good transferable skills. However, we would like to hear from you if you believe you have suitable experience to be successful in this role.
Please apply directly and a consultant will be in touch
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Jessica Brion