£ 35000 - £ 36000 / Year
· Job type
· External Reference
Banking & Financial Services - Account Manager
As a Transactions Manager, you will need to be a leader who can display a wide range of skills and experience in leading a team, problem solving and delivering excellent customer service.
Are you someone who is genuine, positive, professional and brave? Someone who leads by example, who is committed to serving your team and brings out the best in everyone.
As their manager, you will need to be committed to communicating with them, developing them and you make a point of recognising and rewarding their hard work. You will take responsibility for your team and their performance and take pride in actively raising standards in your area. You should be a people person who suggest improvements, doesn't go along with the norm, and doesn't shy away from dealing with tough issues.
Location: Based in Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, but role covers all sites (Liverpool, Oldham, Manchester and North Tyneside)
Salary: Up to £36,000 per year
Hours: 8:45 am - 4:45 PM Monday to Friday with occasional weekend working for stock takes.
Contract: Permanent 35 Hours per week
Leading: The Transactions Team, comprising 5 x Finance Assistants (Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger) plus Credit Controller.
· 25 days holiday pro-rata plus statutory bank holidays
· Excellent learning and development opportunities
· Accessible location
· Great workplace Environment
· Group personal pension scheme with employer contributions matching the employee contributions up to 7%
· To ensure that transactions are completed accurately, on time and as efficiently as possible.
· To manage the Finance Assistants and the Credit Controller, performing all managerial duties as required.
· To coach, train and develop the Transactions Team, ensuring that staff are confidently able to perform their jobs to a high standard.
· To work closely with the Finance and Information Business Partner and other colleagues in order to ensure the Finance Team achieves its targets.
· To build strong relationships with colleagues throughout the business, ensuring high levels of customer service at all times.
· To be an ambassador for the Finance Team, ensuring they are fully integrated in all parts of the group.
· To attend and contribute to internal and external meetings as required.
· To cover for other members of the Finance Team and the Director of Finance as required.
· To liaise with auditors and other external partners as required.
· Undertake any other reasonable work as requested.
· To oversee the petty cash process.
· To ensure that petty cash balances are reconciled at least weekly.
· To ensure that all bank accounts are properly maintained and reconciled weekly.
· To ensure that credit control is performed in order to ensure that customer debts are received on time and the company debtor day's calculation is reducing.
· To ensure that the credit control process builds strong positive relationships with customers rather than weakening relationships.
· To keep the Director of Finance up to date on credit control and to highlight any potential issues with customer payments.
· To ensure that New Customer Forms are completed for all new customers and the customer is properly created on SAP Business One.
· To develop IT systems in order to efficiently facilitate sales transaction processes.
· To ensure that the Purchases and Payments Policy is adhered to by all staff, including the use of company credit cards
Experience, Skills, Attributes
· Experience of working in an SME and managing a small team of people.
· At least 3 year's experience of working in both purchase ledger and sales ledger
· At least 3 year's experience of credit control
· Prior experience of managing staff or providing supervision to a small group of staff
· Advanced IT skills, including Excel
· Capable of analysing large data volumes.
· Experience of working with SAP Business One.
· Experience of working in a social enterprise.
· Experience of liaising with auditors.
· AAT Qualified
· Highly driven.
· Keen eye for detail.
· Passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
· Vibrant, energetic personality.
· Good sense of humour.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Team player.
· Excellent at building relationships both internally and externally.
Please apply to this advert if you feel you have the skills and experience!
For more job opportunities and general updates from Adecco, please follow us on our new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AdeccoLiverpool
Adecco aim's to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employee.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Shannon Wiggins