London, Greater London
£ 17.76 - £ 22.99 / Hourly
Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
· External Reference
· Tenancy Management Officer
· Remote Working
· Public Sector - Local Authority
· Full Time - 35 hours per week
· Temporary role - 3 months (possible extension)
· £17.76 per hour PAYE / £22.99 per hour Umbrella
· ASAP Start (pending registration and compliance)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deal with all tenancy account aspects of the system at an individual tenancy level and take responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the data held on the rents system;
· To provide a customer-focused service to tenants and other external agencies as required in writing, by telephone and occasionally face to face regarding general tenancy account management issues, charges and backdated adjustments and payment details;
· To ensure data and systems are managed in line with organisational policies and procedures and in line with audit and financial regulations.
· To reduce former tenants arrears and ensure former tenant accounts are managed effectively within the policies, service plan and strategies of the organisation
· Responsible for the amendment of tenancy account details for individual tenancies.
· Pro actively liaise with council tax and housing benefit staff to resolve outstanding claims and queries, including tracing former tenants.
· To respond to complaints, members and councillor enquiries within the deadlines and as directed by the team leader
· To deal with claims to credit balances by successors, Next of Kin, Executors of estates.
· To carry out daily accounts administration of rent accounts input, suspense dispersals, refunds, account adjustments, for individual tenancies to meet set targets;
· To maintain individual tenancy account payment methods such as setting up direct debits, wages & salaries, Third Party payments and any other such payment types
· To work with other agencies, organisations and departments to ensure consistency of data held regarding tenancy rent accounts on systems
· To work with the guidance of the Tenancy Accounts Team Leader in testing new system programs and actively take part in projects to implement new IT initiatives. With the intention to improve the service and to be proactive in managing changes to the system including changes initiated by legislation.
· To reconcile payments to individual tenancies, including tracking & tracing of missing payments
· To assist with the issuing of notices and payment materials to tenants accurately and on time in conjunction with the Systems team;
· To communicate efficiently and effectively on an on-going basis with tenants and other stakeholders and to respond to external agencies as required in writing, by telephone and occasionally face to face regarding tenancy account matters
· To input data using a variety of systems for the use of monitoring activities within the team
· To ensure that all anomalies in relation to account management and the systems used are reported to the System team.
· To be responsible to monitor, devise and deliver reports on tenancy performance using the systems and other applications or data gathering tools (such as word WORD, EXCEL, AGRESSO, Housing systems) to feed into performance indicators
· To deliver training on tenancy account management as and when required.
· To refer and manage cases to the Debt Recovery Agency on a regular basis, including allocation of payments to correct accounts
· To prepare witness statements and attend Court as and when necessary.
· Provide comprehensive advice and information to tenants and representatives on rent payments, welfare benefit entitlement and debt counselling, including provisional backdated housing benefit assessments
· Negotiate an acceptable level of repayment of arrears explaining legal implications of non-compliance
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Reduction of former tenant arrears and effective management of former tenants rent accounts within the policies, service plan and strategies of the organisation
· Effective management of tenancy accounts within work and legislative deadlines
· Ability to achieve and maintain high standards of quality and accuracy when under pressure.
· Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workloads in order to achieve personal and departmental objectives within timescales
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Good written, verbal and presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
· Able to present complex information in a meaningful way appropriate to the audience.
· Able to deal with difficult situations and communicate effectively.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team to achieve individual and team objectives
· Able to understand and interpret financial/systems data.
· Good IT skills, such as the use of Excel, Word applications, e-mail, and ability to use a Rent Accounting system.
· Able to understand the workings of Rent accounting systems and procedures, including tenancy management procedures and legislation and its practical application.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills.
· Demonstrate commitment to organisations goals on performance management, equally and diversity policies and behavioural standards.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION (S):
· Good knowledge and understanding of Housing Law and Tenancy Management legislation.
· Good level of education to A level standard or equivalent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Sadie Nunn