London, Greater London
£ 16 - £ 17 / Hourly
Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
· External Reference
JOB TITLE : Temporary Accommodation Officer
LOCATION : Wandsworth
HOURS : Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm
DURATION : 3 Months (Possibility of Being Extended)
PAY RATE : £16/17 Hourly Rate
START DATE : ASAP
TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION OFFICER'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the procurement and post tenancy management of private sector accommodation tor homeless applicants
· To provide a tenancy sustainment service to both landlord and tenant following successful letting.
· Responsible for the administrative functions in relation to offers of private sector accommodation, including the statutory discharge of duty and investigating suitability reviews.
· Work within the relevant Government guidelines in relation to the Suitability Order ensuring properties and landlords meet required standards.
· Provide advice and guidance to both landlord and tenant in relation to any change in housing legislation affecting the private sector. This can also include arranging Landlord Forums/Tenancy Training.
· Responsible for developing links and partnerships with private sector landlords and letting agents and other providers of housing. .
· Ensure that appropriate performance and financial information is maintained for statistical purposes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
· Experience within private sector housing
· Experience working with landlords
· Working knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, Welfare Reform, Universal Credit and ability to provide debt advice and income maximisation.
· Good practice around property inspections
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Maisie Howell