Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£ 28000 - £ 32000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Automotive Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity with a leading rail company based within Doncaster has become available, working as a technical engineer you will be responsible for working on a service desk in relation to the company's components.
As a member of the Engineering Team you will contribute to the development and growth of the business. Manage and resolve a range of technical issues including configuration control. Ensure products and services are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and specifications.
The parts and components are within the rail industry and can be anything from the wheels on a train or the environment around such as rails and tracks etc. The company have a big emphasis on health and safety due to the strict guidelines of the rail industry, the engineer will oversee making sure all parts and drawings follow the policies and procedures.
My client is looking for engineers with a solid background in either mechanical or electrical engineering, someone from an engineering role in armed forces would be preferable but not essential. If successful the company offer unrivalled training within the rail industry, an excellent salary, great career prospects and opportunities for advancement.
There is an attractive starting salary of £28000-£32000 per annum, the company are offering 25 holiday days plus stats, performance salary reviews and an excellent pension scheme along with their unmatched training and resources within rail.
Role and Responsibilities
* Engineering configuration management
* Product safety and reliability
* Product integrity and specification management
* Technical resolution
* Participate and support the development and implementation of business strategy for the UK and targeted overseas territories
* Ensure that products and services are procured in line with recognised safety standards and specification requirements
* Apply engineering change control procedures and processes associated with Engineering Assurance activities and liaise with other business functions as required
* Investigate and resolve technical issues and facilitate / lead technical reviews within the Engineering department
* Review and adopt information regarding changes in industry Legislation and Standards to ensure continued product compliance
* Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and company rules and procedures as appropriate
* Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to manage change effectively
* Utilisation of problem solving techniques
* Educated to min HNC in Mechanical/electrical Engineering or similar
* Team player
* Rail Industry Experience
* Foreign language skills
* Previous technical support role experience
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy