London, Greater London
IT - Telecoms, Mobile Systems & Wireless
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
Responsible to: Telecommunications Supervisor
Responsible for: Operation of the MX-One InAttend Switchboard Console
Liaison with: Staff, students and outside bodies
work hours: Part time - 9:30am-1:30pm
To assist, with the co-operation of the other operators, in operating the telephone switchboard, providing an integrated telecommunication service for the organisation and being the initial point of contact for members of the public, staff and students.
To receive incoming calls and connect callers to the requested extension number, or individual member of staff. Where the extension number is not known, to advise callers of the correct number and/or to connect callers to the relevant school/service team. Where requested, to obtain outside telephone numbers permitted within company communication policy. To transfer calls where requested.
· To pass to the Telecommunications Co-ordinator details of:
· international calls;
· outside calls which are of a private nature for invoicing to the individual concerned; changes in extension numbers where notified direct;
· process faults on lines or equipment where notified direct.
· To assist with difficulties experienced by callers, including the answering of simple queries, or to put them in touch with the relevant school/service team.
· To ensure a speedy, co-operative and polite service to all users of the telephone system.
· To work in accordance with our equality and diversity policies.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy