£ 22000 - £ 25000 / Year
Procurement & Supply Chain - Planning & Inventory
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and well established manufacturing organisation that can offer a solid career path as well as an exciting and demanding role within this busy Supply Chain department.
The Supply Chain Coordintor reports into the Supply Chain Manager and works within the Purchasing and Planning office.
This role is responsible for following company purchasing strategies and implementing best practice in the management of supplier relationships. Purchasing in a timely and cost effective manner all required materials. Keeping track of all raw materials and working closely with the Planners to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing department. Working closely with internal departments and maintaining a friendly but professional relationship with all suppliers.
You will have strong customer service experience as well as being very organised with good administration and attention to detail.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Place orders with suppliers working from the company system
* Track all orders and ensure they are delivered on time
* Keep abreast of all amendments to the manufacturing plan
* Deal with any issues relating to orders and materials, whether it be lateness, quality etc.
* Make sure all quality issues are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner, and work with suppliers to resolve issues and retrieve costs incurred by such issues
* Work with the team in minimising any cost increases. Highlight any impact of costs increases to the Sales/Commercial Team
* Make sure pricing information is kept up-to-date at all times on the purchasing systems
* Arrange and or attend supplier meetings as required
* Maintain a friendly but professional relationship with all suppliers
* Ensure all information is maintained and up-to-date on the database and systems i.e. pricing, spec etc.
* Negotiation of pricing and ensure we remain competitive and profitable on all products
* Work with the Commodity Buyers to ensure smooth and timely handovers for new projects
* Manage invoice queries quickly with suppliers and pass invoices onto accounts
Skills and Experience required
* An understanding of the importance of both internal and external customer care and the means by which it is achieved
* Demonstrate ability to efficiently plan, organize and manage tasks
* Ability to organise workload and work proactively on own initiative
* Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task workload
* Accurate with excellent attention to detail - essential
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Competent level of literacy and numeracy required
* Ability to exhibit a professional demeanour and consistently apply the highest standards when dealing with employees, colleagues, customers and suppliers
* Ability to use computerised information systems to input, retrieve and update all relevant data
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
This is a permanent role in Alton paying £22-25k and full training will be provided.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy