Office and Secretarial - Administration Manager
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Student Support and Guidance
· Provide confidential pastoral support to students - and advice to academic staff on pastoral support. This includes understanding the key issues of the student, and having a wide range of knowledge about appropriate School, University and external sources of information, advice and guidance issues including; health support, counselling, disability support, teaching/language support; immigration/visa support; finance support; legal support;
Co-ordinate the mitigating circumstances process in an efficient and timely manner; regularly guiding and supporting students and academic staff on the mitigating circumstances policy and procedure.
· To manage a summary of medical and special circumstances information for the Mitigating Circumstances Committee, acting as Secretary and providing relevant information to colleagues for the purpose of generating examination grids.
· Maintain student electronic records and files with the final decisions from the Mitigating Circumstances Committee and produce appropriate and timely outcome emails to students.
· To act as the School Disability Co-ordinator in the provision of a quality support service to students with disabilities and special needs and offer non-academic guidance on issues related to personal issues, mitigation and finance.
· To provide guidance to teaching staff on the learning needs of students who have registered with DASS and distribute study support plans to appropriate academics and relevant PS staff in a timely manner.
· To ensure students with identified support needs are regularly monitored through appropriate methods.
· Work collaboratively to coordinate late submission/extensions to coursework and apply the assessment regulations as appropriate.
· To act as the first point of contact for student who are away from the University, maintaining contact with them prior to their return and conducting 'return to study' meetings.
· To proactively monitor and respond to student enquires received via telephone, mailboxes and other communication channels.
· To play a key role in face to face student support services including enquiries received at Departmental receptions, student support hubs and student services across campus buildings.
· To be involved in project action groups relating to Teaching and Learning, Student Support & Welfare and Student Experience throughout the academic cycle.
· To ensure follow up monthly meetings for returning students take place in a timely manner and are fully documented.
· Regularly offer advice to academic staff and students on all aspects of interruptions/change of status/withdrawals including possible financial, immigration and academic impact this may have, and ensuring they seek appropriate advice from University services.
· Participating in, leading and presenting at Welcome Week activities in relation to Student Welfare and Support.
· Regularly attend University Student Support Seminars and feedback key information to programmes team.
· Have an excellent working knowledge of data protection guidelines ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Linda Reynolds