Leeds, West Yorkshire
· Job type
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
· External Reference
Transport & Logistics - Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics
Stores Person Good in Goods out
Contract: 4 months initial contract (Extension and/or temp to perm is a possibility but not guaranteed)
Rate: £12.70 per hour
Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 15:00
Adecco have an exciting new opportunity to work as Goods In Stores Person with an innovative organisation near Leeds. The ideal individual would have experience in stores environment for incoming and outgoing goods of materials and product while ensuring the stock is managed and booked safely and correctly.
· Experience in production warehouse environment
· Experience of warehouse and stock control
· Handled and organised movement and storage of incoming and outgoing goods
· Familiar with MS office and any other stock control software/system is beneficial (general computer literacy is required)
· Forklift (Counter-balance/flexi) truck Licence is required
· Packing & shipping knowledge is desirable
· Safety first mindset
· Training can be provided but experience of similar stock control, goods in and out is required
What you'll be doing
you will support the movement of incoming and outgoing goods operations and material flows, help production lines to operate at maximum efficiency and ensure they are always well fed with material to avoid bottlenecks or delays in the process.
· Movement of incoming & outgoing goods
· Movement and preparation of materials as necessary to support production activities.
· Movement, packing & kitting out of components within the warehouse
· Checking of general stock levels & responsibility to keep them in good order
· Booking in & checking off of incoming goods
· Locating all stock within the warehouse / racking and keeping the warehouse in good order
· Packing & shipping of deliveries to customers & suppliers
· Kitting of all BoMs both for service jobs & for direct customer orders
· Booking of all haulage companies to collect from or deliver goods to the factory
· Recycle (and/or reuse) waste / consumable materials in accordance with Company requirements.
· Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
· Understand, implement and comply with the HSQE policies.
· Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
· Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
· Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
· Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions
· Take ownership and responsibility for one or more H,S & E related tasks within a zone/s; if appropriate take responsibility of H,S & E designated Zone.
Please note random Drugs & Alcohol testing is undertaken on-site, a medical and drug and alcohol check will be required prior to start date.
Apply today and start your journey to an exciting new position!
TO APPLY - Please apply with a up to date CV.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered and will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK should their application be progressed
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Liam Casey