IT - New Media
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
Sports Data Operations Supervisor
Offices in Manchester City Centre/Remote Working
£10.50 per hour
20 - 30 hours per week
We are recruiting for these highly sought after roles for the 2021/2022 season, this is a great opportunity!
We have a fantastic role for candidates with supervisory and technical experience to work with a leading provider of tech systems to the sports industry. The role will start in July and you will work through the football season until May 2022 earliest, there will likely be an opportunity to stay on for the following season.
Supervisors will need to commit to 20-30 hours of availability each week
Be able to work according to the football schedule which includes holidays, holiday periods, evenings and weekends
Each shift will last about 6 hours, up to 30 hours per week (example shift below)
Remote working is the preference however there will be requirements to go to the Manchester office so living local to Manchester is essential.
· Watch football matches to track/confirm software tracking of dead-balls, stoppage time, and other similar events
· Correctly identify and confirm teams, lineups, and players, as well as tracking markings on players
· Attentiveness during live ball situations
· Communicate with your Manager if issues arise
· Participate in post-game meetings to provide feedback to Operators and Operations Managers to identify problems
· Be able to complete marking tasks that will improve the accuracy and design of our system
· Team lead a group of Operators to run and monitor all tasks on 1-2 football games per shift
· High attention to detail
· Ability to focus on a game while in a sometimes loud and potentially distracting environment
· Extremely punctual, many shifts will start near the game start time
· Reliable transportation to get to the offices in Manchester City Centre
· A passion for football
· Ability to effectively communicate, sometimes under pressure, to the Operations Managers and give detailed explanations of what is occurring during football games
· Ability to give feedback to Operators to improve their work
· Team player who is adaptable to change
Shifts will be across 7 days and can be in the morning, afternoon or evening, weekends are the busiest days for football matches so it is essential that you are fully available to work weekends
For more information please get in touch!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Janice Hutton