Lewes, East Sussex
Legal - Legal
· Job type
· External Reference
Solicitor - East Sussex County Council
Full-time, 37 hours per week
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Solictor or Barrister for the Legal Services team in East Sussex County Council.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE;
To provide a high quality legal service to client departments, the County Council and contracted public bodies, to enable them to implement decisions within the law and to protect the county Council against prosecution and challenge.
Education & Qualifications - Practising Solicitor or Barrister.
- Knowledge of the law and practice relating to Public Child Law
- Ability to demonstrate significant specialism or depth of knowledge in Public Child Law
- Knowledge of democratic and political aspects of local government
- Ability to demonstrate experience of conducting own caseload within defined areas of legal practice.
- Advocacy experience
- Experience of mentoring or guiding legal staff
- Substantial experience of legal work in Public Child Law
- Experience of effective risk management
- Recent local government experience desirable
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy