London, Greater London
Legal - Legal
· Job type
· External Reference
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Solicitor to work within a Financial organisation, this is a permanent position start ASAP, Pay £42,300 annually, hours Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm.
This role involves providing legal support, advice and guidance on all issues pertaining to the operations of our client.
The suitable candidate must have financial services regulatory experience and/or litigation.
My Priorities - what I will deliver
Claims for compensation (regulatory, insolvency and public law)
· Providing advice to internal claims' staff and outsourced business partner on whether customers have valid claims for compensation, and interpretation of our clients Rules;
· For larger failures, analysing and understanding the nature of the products sold, and determining whether the firms' customers have a legal basis for compensation and (often) working with the firm's insolvency practitioner to develop innovative strategies for best protecting customers;
· Defending the client from challenge of its decisions by way of judicial review.
Recoveries (Litigation/Contentious regulatory)
· Assisting the Legal Team in the conduct of recoveries' operations ( following the payment of compensation to customers, takes an assignment of their legal rights and uses these to pursue action through the insolvency of the firm and/or litigation against any other relevant third party where it is "reasonably possible and cost effective" to do so ) including working closely with the Recoveries Legal Manager and paralegals on the day-to-day management of the recoveries files.
· Working on complex recoveries/litigation cases, sometimes with a cross-border element, with other solicitors within the Legal Team and/or the Legal Manager and/or General Counsel.
· Variously advising colleagues within our client and supporting the Legal Managers on all areas of law that affect our client.
· Carries out legal research as required by the Legal Team.
· Keeps up to date with the law in the financial services sector.
· Deals with internal and external enquiries as to the role or function or structure of the Scheme.
· Liaises with the regulators, prosecuting authorities, MPs and other professional bodies.
· Deals with customers and their representatives.
· Deals with any queries of a technical or legal nature.
· Contributes to the preparation or presentation of the position in relation to interested parties or the press.
· University Degree and Legal Practice Certificate (and Conversion Course pass if degree is non-law).
Knowledge / Abilities
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
· A genuine interest in the Financial services industry
· Some knowledge/experience of litigation and insolvency would be beneficial
· Ability to work accurately under pressure to meet deadlines
· Detail orientated
· Team Player
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy