Description de l'offre
Wimbledon, Greater London
Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
SOCIAL FUND ASSESSMENT OFFICER
CONTRACT - FULL TIME
Adecco are recruiting for a social fund assessment officer to work in a local authority in Wandsworth.
· Process application received via the Wandsworth Discretionary Social Fund
· Maintains a detailed knowledge of the Council's Discretionary Social Fund scheme including qualification criteria and methods of discharge of duty under the scheme
· Liaises with all care grant applicants, where possible by telephone, to discuss personal circumstances and establish level of need; provision of basic furniture, household items and white goods for vulnerable people, often setting up home or coming out of homelessness, prison or other care situation
· Takes full responsibility for decisions in relation to the level of care grant assistance and value of award provided, primarily through exercise of discretion, but with reference to limited fund constraints, and within broad guidance and policy
· Makes decisions in relation to applications for emergency financial assistance in situations of crisis, within 24 hours of application, and through application of strict qualification criteria
· Communicates decisions to all applicants, always in writing and often by telephone
· Uses the Integra system for placement of orders with the Council's provider for items awarded as care grant assistance
· Liaises with the Council's suppliers to ensure proper fulfilment of orders, where customer action means changes to those orders are required, or issues arise with delivery
· Responsible for the daily secure administration, and distribution through personal collection, of emergency financial assistance
· Takes primary responsibility for answering the Social Fund dedicated public enquiry telephone line, with sensitivity to the often vulnerable nature of the caller, and emergency nature of their need
· Other duties included.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy