Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Electrical & Electronic Engineering
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
· To carry out repairs and improvements in all matters of plant, machinery and services, utilising effective planning and computer maintenance management systems to ensure safe, efficient and effective site operation
· Communicate directly with the Production Team Leaders and Engineering Supervisor for day-day work during normal working hours and provide a first line response on a priority basis outside of normal working hours.
Principal elements of the work involve:
· Maintain the site electrical fixed and portable equipment.
· Diagnose electrical and mechanical breakdowns and effect repairs on a 24 hour basis.
· Identify faults during a breakdown situation of an electrical, mechanical and instrument nature.
· Implement agreed modifications to plant to increase efficiency and reduce downtime.
· Carry out planned maintenance on equipment that requires a major electrical input to perform efficiently and reliably and undertake limited mechanical maintenance.
· Operate production and non-production plant to enable fault finding.
· Operate with a high level of hygiene & adhere to the strict regimes of dress, personal hygiene, cleanliness & care in working that is demanded across site.
· Fully Qualified Electrical Engineer is essential.
· Industrial experience is essential as you will be the only electrician on site during night shift.
· Specialist trade training in the current Edition Regulation
· Training in PLC systems would be desirable (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Omron).
· Experience of electrical drive and control systems is essential.
· Good communicator with a helpful and flexible approach.
· Be proactive in self learning and development.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy