£ 22000 - £ 24000 / Year
Sales & Retail - Retail
· Job type
Sales and Retail
· External Reference
Adecco Cramlington are delighted to be supporting their client with their search an experienced Senior Retail Manager to lead the delivery and future development of a prestigious store.
the right candidate will be responsible for the full management of all operations and the sales team within the Retail Store. This will include developing the longer term strategy for the store, driving sales targets, and proactively creating merchandising plans to optimise the customer experience. You must have at least 3-5 years demonstrable experience in a similar retail environment, with a strong track record of growing sales.
· Driving the profitable sales growth of the retail store to ensure we achieve our year on year growth targets.
· Proactively developing the strategy for the long-term growth plan of the retail store.
· Leading the team to ensure high performance, with a sharp focus on the customer, ensuring the team are performing to a high level to drive sales and continuous improvement.
· Managing our performance management system to ensure the team all have focused goals, development plans and behaviour reviews on a regular basis.
· Identifying and implementing merchandising and layout ideas to maximise the flow of the store to maximise the customer experience to drive sales.
· Creating the best-in-class customer experience to drive brand loyalty and attracting the customer.
· Managing and maintaining the inventory levels and replenishment to ensure optimum sales through product availability.
· Managing budgets and forecasts, including sales revenue, people costs, operational costs, etc.
· Collating and using appropriate data to improve the performance of the store, eg customer demographics, buying patterns, sales data, etc.
· Preparing presentations and reports where required to present to the senior team and US leaders on a quarterly and annual basis.
· Designing and implementing the promotional calendar for the store for the year, ensuring effective and timely roll out of the plans.
· Maintaining awareness of market trends in the industry, and retail in general, as well as understanding our competitor activity.
· Managing all operational activities in respect of managing the store operations, eg cash management, budget control, stock replenishment, etc.
· Monitoring and adhering to the strict company pricing guidelines.
· Supporting the operational management of the store to ensure that it is achieving its sales targets, whilst taking overall responsibility in the absence of a member of the team.
· Managing all recruitment and HR activity within the team where needed, with the support of the HR team.
· Training new and existing staff in customer service, brand awareness and store policies to ensure that an exceptional service is always offered.
· Managing the effective deployment of our online Ebay shop and ensuring orders are dealt with efficiently.
· Managing the store's social media sites and maintaining the store's presence online.
· Managing any customer enquiries or complaints and ensuring a swift resolution.
· Ensuring that that the store is always clean, tidy and presentable for customers, adhering to all H&S regulations.
· Any other duties of a similar nature as reasonably requested by the company.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· A minimum of 3-5 year's experience in a similar role, with a demonstrable track record of driving and growing sales revenue.
· A strong understanding of financial data in order to analyse sales figures, monitor turnover levels and manage budgets.
· Strong business acumen and leadership skills are essential.
· Experience in leading, motivating and inspiring others is essential.
· The ability to manage a small team, with experience of performance management systems and driving a high-performance team culture.
· A strong focus on customer service is essential.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully build & maintain customer relationships.
· The ability to prepare meaningful reports and give presentations to the senior team and US colleagues.
· An effective product merchandiser with an eye for detail, and highly creative.
· The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, tenacity and willingness for continuous improvement and learning.
· The ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively, and able to work in a structured way.
· A self-starter, able to work well on own initiative as well as within a team environment.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally a working knowledge of SAP.
· Experience with online retail systems such as eBay is preferred although training will be given.
If you feel you meet the criteria and are looking for a new opportunity in an exciting dynamic business, then please get in touch.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Summer Walker