Liverpool (Liverpool) Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
· Job type
Defence and Military
· External Reference
Defence - Security & Protection Services
We are currently recruiting for Security Officers to work for Merseyside Police and be based at their headquarters in Rose Hill Merseyside.
This will initially be a 1 year temporary assignment with a view of this being extended there after.
You will be working a shift pattern which will include working days and nights.
· Provide high visibility security services for the site by means of access control equipment, checking the ID of all persons and vehicles entering the site and issuing the appropriate visitor passes when necessary, maintaining appropriate record keeping, thus ensuring that unauthorised vehicles and persons are denied access to the site.
· Ensure that the appropriate security measures are in place in accordance with the response level requirements for the threat level identified. When required, conduct vehicle searches in accordance with training and appropriate to the circumstances.
· Manage the CCTV system in accordance with protocols set out for its use under the Data Protection Act and use all equipment provided to assist in maintaining security in the correct manner, thus ensuring that all security precautions are effective.
· Respond to all alarms in an appropriate manner, ensuring that the security of premises is maintained and the appropriate assistance is provided to anyone attending the site in response to an alarm. Fulfil the roles detailed in the Emergency Procedures for the post. Take responsibility for the Gatehouse safe and recording any issues and receipts of its contents to the nominated Authorised Departmental Officers, which may include specialist equipment store key, A.R.V. main armoury keys, matrix disruption tazer keys, departmental (x 4) C.S. spray, tracker, airwave cabinets keys, vehicle fast tags, airwave radios, force training establishments keys, crime exhibits and lost and found property.
· Ensure that requests/bookings for visitors' parking are handled appropriately and in a timely manner, ensuring no requests are mislaid or overlooked. In periods of operational requirements, ensure customers are informed as soon as possible if their requirements cannot be met. Carry out fuel dips / checks and ensure that fuel is issued and received in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety legislation so that no personnel are endangered during either delivery or issuing of fuel.
· Undertake various associated duties, such as the issue of keys to authorised personnel and packages, upon receipt of a signature, and drop-off/collection, ensuring that customers are able to receive assistance in many formats from the service.
· In periods of unexpected severe weather, undertake gritting in specified areas, ensuring adherence to the Force Gritting Policy and maintaining basic health and safety standards. If required sort and distribute both internal and external mail ensuring effective service is provided.
· Site specific requirement only - Arrange for the storage of impounded vehicles as requested and for various operational reasons by the FIM. Ensure that all details are recorded in the Station file. Receive and complete all paperwork (F252) for Rota garage deliveries of unserviceable & broken down. Forces vehicles. Arrange for the issue and receipt of the vehicle spares, oil, and bulbs. Carry out the daily fuel dips and updated records and arrange for replacement stores.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The post-holder must have good interpersonal and communication skills to demonstrate a professional customer service approach to all staff and visitors to the premises and have the skills to display calmness under pressure, firmness and an ability to listen effectively.
The postholder must be physically fit to undertake the required level of Personal Safety Programme (PSP) Training, Fire Procedure duties and patrol duties.
· CCTV System: In order to use the system in a manner that meets both the stated purpose of the system and the requirements of the Data Protection legislation and good practice, the post-holder must understand the procedures set out for the use of the system and be able to put them into practice at any time.
· Alarm Systems: There are four types of alarm that the post-holder must have knowledge of; the fire alarm, the internal intruder alarm, the external intruder alarm and the "bomb" alert. The fire alarm will require the duty Security Officers to perform differing duties.
· Fuel Procedures: Security Officers must have detailed knowledge of the recording procedures and Health & Safety legislation relating to the delivery and issue of fuel.
· Visitor Procedures: Security Officers must have qualities of patience, understanding, tact and the ability to listen and empathise with distressed customers. They must be able to direct out-of-hours callers to appropriate facilities to obtain the assistance they require, deal with matters of lost and/or found property and enter it on the Force system, deal with distressed or drunken callers to the site and present a smart, professional image to visitors calling for meetings, functions and recruitment assessments. Security Officers are also required to assist asylum seekers from 1900-0800hrs.
· Health & Safety: Security Officers will receive training in First Aid to assist members of the public or staff when required. In these circumstances, Security Officers will be required to use their judgement to decide whether additional assistance is required from the ambulance service, and, if so, take the appropriate action.
· Security Officers will be expected to use the Force e-mail system and the Estate and Facilities Helpdesk for reporting faults and/or repairs to assist them in various tasks. Therefore they must have computer skills.
· Knowledge of security measures, what constitutes a suspicious package and the procedures relating to the use of screening and scanning equipment is essential.
· The post holder must hold or be working towards attaining an NVQ Level 2 in Providing Security Services.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Lynette crisp