Sheffield, South Yorkshire
· Job type
Admin and Secretarial
· External Reference
Public Sector - Public Sector Administration
Returns Preparation is part of Immigration Enforcement, a department of the Home Office responsible for preventing immigration abuse, tracking immigration offenders and increasing compliance with immigration law. The role will be working within the Triage, Progression and Decision (TPD) Team on Returns Preparation Core Casework, Immigration Enforcement.
As an Administrative Officer within the TPD Team, you will be pivotal to ensuring that the team operates smoothly and efficiently to progress cases to the appropriate conclusion.
This is a dynamic and highly varied role at the forefront of a new way of working within Returns Preparation Core Casework. You will be working in a changing, fast paced and at times demanding environment which has a friendly, supportive, and creative atmosphere. You will have great opportunities for learning, developing, and applying transferable skills.
· The Administrative Officer role within the TPD Team will support caseworkers on Progression by monitoring cases and either moving them on until a conclusion is reached or removing them from the Migrant Refusal Pool where Immigration Enforcement action is no longer suitable.
· Provide administrative support by undertaking a range of administrative tasks such as file movement and tracking, logging correspondence, monitoring electronic inboxes, issuing letters
· Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders such as contacting various Police Forces for updates on cases where necessary.
· Monitoring of cases with outstanding charged applications/appeals/asylums claims etc.
· Updating and maintaining relevant systems accurately and within agreed timescales
· Conducting relevant checks
· Creating appeal bundles
· Actioning biometric enrolment for grant decisions
· Additional duties within the scope of the grade may vary dependent on business needs and the specific team where placed. The individual may be required to support other work streams as dictated by business need.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
· A professional manner in day-to-day decision making and working with colleagues
· Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
· Alertness to risk and concerning trends when dealing with data
· An awareness of departmental objectives
· Flexible working across different areas of the business
· Good communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good interpersonal skills
· Team Player
· Working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft applications
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Eva Blazey