Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Science - Research and Development
· Job type
· External Reference
My client, a large global FMCG organisation based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire is looking for Research Assistant (Applied Behaviour) for an 8-week Summer Placement. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within a highly renowned and unique business. This role will start late August via Adecco and will be 37.5 hours per week. The pay rate is £10.61 per hour. Due to the location of the role, you must have your own transportation.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Applied Behaviour team by delivering high quality data, commonly generated from a range of technology. The job holder will routinely code video footage of pet behaviour, supporting a number of research projects.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in using computer software, particularly that used in behavioural coding. An understanding of machine learning is highly desirable. The job holder will receive training and will be expected to develop a basic level of understanding of the research area in which they are operating. The individual must have good skills in using computer-based technologies to create, store and retrieve information to communicate research outcomes. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with all levels of personnel at WALTHAM, present project data in an appropriate form and update the Technical Leader on project progress on a regular basis.
· Collate and run quality control of scientific data and ensure analysis is carried out in line with the study objectives and hypotheses.
· Use behavioural coding software to meet key project time-lines.
· Upload, manage and store data generated from a range of technologies.
· Regular communication of project progress and findings to Technical Leader.
· Support Research Scientists with a variety of logistical tasks, including technological platforms.
· Attend project, capability and team meetings as required, and contribute where appropriate.
· Experience in Animal Behaviour/Psychological Science/Computer Science degree. IT skills highly desirable.
· Strong practical experience in developing ethograms & using behaviour coding software.
· Some theoretical knowledge of Animal Behaviour.
· Average score of 2:1 in degree modules or equivalent
· Relevant scientific A Levels grade A - C or equivalent
· Maths, English and Science GCSE grade A - C or equivalent
· Competencies required: Action orientated, Priority Setting, Functional / technical skills, Peer relations
The job holder will have responsibility of planning their time and prioritising experiments following discussions and input from the Applied Behaviour team. The successful individual must be driven to achieve project deadlines and have the ability to solve day to day problems. Additionally the successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and exhibit strong team player skills to ensure they work effectively and harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy