London, Greater London
Science - Research and Development
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
The role will provide diary management and administration support for the Research Department, which consists of 8 staff members, visiting Fellows and doctoral students. The Department acts as a hub for research activity and leads, develops and supports research across the Museum. It has within it teams that focus on art historical research and collection care research.
Skills and Experience:
· Excellent Outlook skills and experience of diary management
· Good Word and Excel skills and familiar with managing a variety of file types.
· Strong communication skills and the confidence to communicate with people within the Museum as well as external partners and academics by email and over the phone
· Good writing and editing skills, with close attention to detail
· Experience of updating databases (specific database training will be provided)
· Ability to take minutes taking meetings
· Good budget management, financial processing and numerical skills with close attention to detail, and experience of using Excel.
· PA duties including diary and travel support for the Head of Collection Care Research and the Head of Art Historical Research. This will involve arranging meetings, travel and accommodation bookings, and supporting the processing of receipts and invoices, as required.
· Event administration, including arranging travel, room booking, for Research team seminars and workshops.
· Support the Digital Asset Management group, through preparing minutes and associated tasks.
· Provide additional administrative support for the Doctoral student scheme, reviewing application forms, retrieving data, and updating spreadsheets.
· Help collate and manage research-related data: interviews, images, transcripts
· Process copyright clearance for online research publications
· Keep contacts up to date using the database RMS.
· Liaise with IT to resolve IT issues and Facilities to resolve problems with equipment and offices
· Support team administration including team risk register, conflict of interest forms.
· Update collection research listings using Excel spreadsheets.
· Proofing web pages and online newsletters as required, following the in-house Style Guide
· Provide support to research the monitoring and maintenance of accurate records of expenditure and income, entering data on commitment records as requested.
· Set up meetings, book meeting rooms, take minutes and maintain accurate records relating to these meetings, arranging refreshments and AV as required. Greeting guests
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy