£ 27000 - £ 30000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and well established manufacturing organisation that can offer a solid career path as well as an exciting and demanding role within this busy Quality department.
Reporting to the Quality Engineering Supervisor, the main purposes of this post are:
* Reduce in-process product defects and non-conformities and improve the quality of the finished product by structured investigation of quality problems and implementation of quality principles in the new product development process
* Carry out internal audits in support of the internal audit programme
The post holder will be expected to:
* Analyse, identify and permanently fix quality problems and resolve customer quality issues through structured problem solving
* Resolve customer quality issues
* Perform internal audits
* Validate the ensuing corrective/preventative actions
The post holder will have a good knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques and be an experienced auditor.
This is a hands-on role which will involve spending time on the production lines and some product inspection.
Following training, the key duties of the post are as follows;
· Support the Operations department with all quality related issues
· Through the use of problem solving tools and techniques analyse the root cause of quality problems and identify permanent fix solutions or provide guidance on action(s) to be taken to resolve them
· Liaise with suppliers on quality issues caused by their products including implementation of appropriate correction and preventative actions
· Support new product introduction by providing specific quality engineering expertise to NPI projects
· Participate in line trials. Present findings at post line trial run review meetings
· Oversee first production start-up of new products, including carrying out capability studies and product inspection to
· Perform internal audits in support of the internal audit programme.
· Carry out quality risk assessments for all production lines and major business processes
· Fully investigate and respond to customer complaints
Experience and skills required
· Previous experience in a similar quality role is essential
· Good knowledge of quality analytical /problem solving tools and techniques gained through practical experience
· Ability to handle multiple demands, be self-sufficient and work under pressure
· Ability to gain respect and credibility through demonstration of technical knowledge and transferable skills
· A confident people person able to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
· Qualified/experienced auditor or similar experience is required
· A confident people person able to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel - essential
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to listen, discuss and advise
· A team player, both confident and decisive
· A pro-active solution provider
This is a 12 Month contract based in Alton offering a competitive salary of between £27'800- £30'000 and working Monday to Thursday 8am-2pm and 8am-2pm on Friday.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy