£ 21000 - £ 22000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and well established manufacturing organisation that can offer a solid career path as well as an exciting and demanding role within this busy Quality role.
Reporting to the QC Supervisor the purpose of this post is to carry out the sampling and testing of components and raw materials within the business. This post is laboratory based and requires strict adherence to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Health and Safety Regulations.
Record keeping is required into laboratory books, master documentation and onto computer databases; accuracy and attention to detail are therefore paramount to this role at all times.
The key duties of the post are as follows;
· Carry out sampling and identity testing of raw materials in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Laboratory Test Methods to assure conformance to specification
· Carry out sampling and aesthetic, dimensional and functional testing of components in compliance with SOPs and Laboratory Test Methods to assure conformance to specification.
· Assist in the control and maintenance of all laboratory raw material and component reference standards in accordance with the relevant SOPs and/or customer/regulatory requirements.
· Ensure all samples tested are controlled and retained in accordance with SOPs.
· Raise non-conformances for any raw materials and components that do not meet specification in accordance with SOPs.
· Be responsible for the maintenance of databases relevant to all tests performed
· Operate requisite laboratory equipment and instruments; record data; maintain and make minor adjustments to equipment.
· Undertake regular routine calibration of laboratory equipment and instruments as specified in agreed schedules.
· Report any equipment failures to the Quality Control Supervisor for resolution.
· Identify quality issues to the Quality Control Supervisor for resolution.
· Ensure that safe working practices are followed at all times, and that walkways are kept clear of obstruction.
· Maintain high standards of GLP and GMP at all times in the laboratory and other accountable areas.
Experience and skills required
· Experience of the different measurement tools and techniques used in component testing
· Experience of working within a similar lab environment is key
· Ability to organise workload and work proactively on own initiative.
· Flexibility - ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload.
· Moderate level of literacy and numeracy required.
· Ability to use computerised information systems to input, retrieve and update all relevant data.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint - moderate understanding is essential.
· Good hand-eye co-ordination and manual dexterity.
· Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work individually or as an interchangeable member of a small team.
· Accurate with good attention to detail.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
This is aa permanent role based in Basingstoke offering a competitive salary of between £20'800- £22'000 and working Monday to Thursday 6am - 2pm.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy