Office and Secretarial - Project Support
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties:
· To work flexibly to undertake administrative activities to support the delivery of
· clerical and administration activities associated within Assigned Projects and Programmes;
· providing clerical and administrative support to the team;
· To work closely with the team and workstream leads, actively contributing ideas and creative solutions and undertaking project work under their direction.
· To provide information and guidance to colleagues on systems and processes within allocated work area, both verbally and in writing;
· To supervise and co-ordinate the work of administrative support staff as required.
· This may include but is not limited to:
· Ensuring the efficient operation of administrative processes, including monitoring and reporting on activity;
· Booking meetings and producing meeting notes;
· Diary management and supporting meetings and events, including scheduling meetings, making venue and catering bookings, circulating paperwork as required, and monitoring/tracking completion of actions;
· Maintaining accurate records and working with the IT systems and processes;
· Dealing with correspondence or enquiries from colleagues or students;
· Processing purchase requisitions and the payment of invoices and expenses involving the use of the University's finance systems, and administer related documentation;
· Drafting of written content using information provided.
· To ensure that confidentiality of information is maintained in line with data protection requirements and University Policy;
· To comply with Health and Safety requirements;
· To act in accordance with equality, diversity and inclusion policies;
· To undertake such other duties for the office as directed by line manager, commensurate with the level of responsibility for the role.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Willing and able to work in a flexible and agile way and move between teams, providing support as required;
· Knowledge and experience of in a variety of project administrative roles and the ability to quickly learn, understand and apply policies and procedures;
· Experienced in the provision of information and guidance to managers, staff and/or students both verbally and in writing;
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written), demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people;
· Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information, advice and guidance whilst maintaining confidentiality;
· Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise a variety of work activities in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines;
· Experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues;
· Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
· Demonstrates numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues effectively;
· Good computer skills with experience working with Excel, Word, MS Outlook;
· Able to supervise staff and co-ordinate work activities;
· Demonstrates a commitment to enhancing the customer service and to the values and behaviours.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· Knowledge and/or experience of working in Higher Education;
· Experience of working in a project team or environment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Linda Reynolds