£ 22000 - £ 27000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Manufacturing & Production Engineering
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
£22,000 - £27,000
Adecco Cheltenham are pleased to be recruiting for a Global Engineering company in their search for a Production Scheduler to join their Gloucester based team on a Permanent basis. Our client provides a unique product and a bespoke service to numerous clients from Automotive and Aerospace through to Architectural firms! The Production Scheduler will be a pivotal part of our client's team due to the fast paced, varied nature of the service provided: you will be working to short lead times (max 2 weeks) and constantly problem solving! Our client prides themselves on providing excellent customer service with professional results: this is a FANTASTIC opportunity for someone who thrives off problem solving and loves working in a close-knit environment!
Duties will include:
· Maintaining and coordinating 3 production teams across the day and evening shifts. As our client operates on a made-to-order basis, you'll be simultaneously scheduling a variety of low-volume orders with the differing lead times and requirements in mind,.
· Continual problem solving: last minute customer orders may be agreed by the Projects team on a occasional basis, meaning you'll need to creatively schedule production with short notice!
· Internally liaising with all departments on site at all periods of the orders' production: from liaising with the Project teams to advise volume and lead-times in response to customer queries, to continually monitoring progress with the production teams to ensure lead times are met.
· Proactively predicting and solving problems: ideally you will be able to identify potential issues in advance, so that you can proactively plan alternative options in order to prevent lead times being negatively affected.
· Highlighting any issues which will affect lead-times and client expectations, and communicate these internally.
· Explaining your scheduling decisions in an assertive manner to production managers when challenged or questioned.
· Production planning and scheduling experience is essential. This should come from a Production or Engineering capacity, but our client may be flexible dependant on the individual.
· You'll be commercially minded with the drive to deliver high quality products in accordance with agreed lead times.
· A thorough working knowledge of lead-times: ideally you will have gained experience with shorter lead-times, but our client can be flexible dependant on experience.
· The ability (and ideally experience) to schedule production across more than one production team (this is not essential).
· A good knowledge of Excel is required.
· Excellent time keeping skills and organisational skills is a must.
· An understanding of the technicalities within Engineering would be highly desired, though this is not essential. Candidates with qualifications in Engineering would possess a distinct advantage!
In return our client can offer working hours of Mon-Fri 8.00am-4.30pm (our client may be flexible with hours and could offer 7.00am-3.30pm) Salary £ 22,000 - £27,000 - DEO our client maybe able to negotiate a higher salary. 25 days annual leave and annual ( Summer Bash! )
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity to join an expanding team on a Permanent basis. Our client is looking to move quickly with their recruitment so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment, and Trish Hughes or Beth Jordan will endeavour to respond to suitable applicants within 2 working days. If you have any questions, or would like to give yourself an extra edge, please call the office today to discuss further! (**Please note that you will be required to meet with Trish in our Cheltenham office as part of the application process. This may be required at short notice**).
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy