Production Engineer - Relocation to Peterborough
Manchester (Manchester) Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
· Job type
· External Reference
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Production
Relocation contribution upto £5000 *more information below
Adecco is an employment consultancy. We put expertise, energy, and enthusiasm into improving everyone's chance of being part of the workplace. We respect and appreciate people of all ethnicities, generations, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, and more. We do this by showcasing their talents, skills, and unique experience in an inclusive environment that helps them thrive.
About this opportunity
We are seeking applications from self-motivated Production Engineers to specialise in our can-making process. Full training will be provided so if you possess the drive to work on your own initiative and pride yourself on making a difference, then this role is for you!
You will work on a Continental Based Shift Rota, attending 2 x 12-hour days followed by 2 x 12-hour nights, then 4 days off. After a pattern of five of these shifts you have 14 days off and we also give you 18 days off in the summer.
This equates to 144 rostered shifts per year and an outstanding work/life balance!
As the world leader in metal packaging technology, Crown designs and manufactures a wide range of innovative and sustainable metal packaging solutions on a global scale. Our customers are some of the world's largest and most-respected FMCG brands.
In response to market growth, we are building our largest Plant yet and Peterborough will be its home. The Peterborough Plant will be a key site within the Bevcan EMEA Business. Crown Peterborough will benefit from state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and modern practices to support high-speed and highly automated beverage can making capable of producing 3 billion cans per annum.
Crown will contribute up to £5,000 toward 'qualifying' costs for a new employee relocating to Peterborough. 'Qualifying' costs that can be reclaimed via the expense system are;
· Legal and Professional fees on sale and purchase of property,
· Searches and Checks,
· Stamp Duty,
· Removal costs,
· Purchase of carpets, curtains, essential electrical goods.
· Site annual bonus scheme
· 9% Company Pension contribution
· Cash Health Plan
· Free parking on-site
· Restaurant on-site
As a member of the production line crew, you will be required to:
· Maintain the quality standard of products on all machines in your area, whilst ensuring that they are running to their maximum efficiency and minimum spoilage
· Make process and tooling adjustments as necessary whilst monitoring line production continually and recording results
· Assist in resolving machine and process problems, provide crossline support and react to line stops in order to minimise losses
· Deliver planned preventive maintenance support and maintain a good standard of machine and plant housekeeping
Required Education and Qualifications
· Level 3 NVQ / C&G or apprenticeship trained in (Mechanical Engineering or similar)
Required Knowledge and Experience
· Previous experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
· A commitment to Health and Safety
· A 'can-do' attitude
· A drive for continuous improvement
· Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
This role would be suited to candidates who have previous experience, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Production Engineer , Production Technician , Mechanic , Fitter , Plant Engineer , Service Engineer , Field Service Engineer
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Joel Womsley