Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Plastics, Polymers & Rubber
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Product Engineer for our client based in Cramlington, Northumberland
This is an exciting opportunity for a secondment period to start immediately until 31 st January 2019. This role has potential to be offered from this date as a permanent position to the right candidate.
Hours of work - Mon -Fri ( 9am - 5pm )
Salary - £17,000 -
The position will perform an engineering/technical response to new and revised product/application opportunities responsible for creating and generating product specifications, item masters, BOM's and routings, for SUT products that are assemble or make to order. This may require interacting with customer, commercial, and operational representatives. The position will also assist with the review of SUT performance and maintenance of standards.
Capabilities and expertise on current products, product design, components, manufacturing processes, applications and industry requirements are preferred, as well as capabilities and understanding of business systems and tools in the creation of specifications, BOM's, routings and all other applicable manufacturing/system documentation.
Preferred education & experience:
Ideally degree level in a Science or Engineering subject.
Manufacturing experience, ideally in plastics assembly.
Technical or scientific background also preferred.
Technical 'hands-on' experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
Key skills & abilities:
· Good organisation / communication & numeracy skills.
· To set up finished goods items / drawings and assign to the Cramlington organisation within the integrated business management and quality management systems.
· Interpret specifications and technical drawings.
· Administrate the specification approval process.
· Analyse production data.
· Time spent with the manufacturing processes and personnel, timing and working on optimization, standardisation and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Support departmental projects.
· Methodical approach with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
· Computer skills including Oracle, MS Office, Master Control (QMS) and other software applications.
· To understand and accept personal responsibilities for Health & Safety on site in compliance with UK legislation and the Company's Health & Safety Management System.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy