London, Greater London
£ 350 - £ 400 / Day
Construction & Property - Chartered Surveyor
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
JOB TITLE: Principal Asset Surveyor
PAY RATE: Up to £400 per day inside IR35
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 3 months minimum
IR35 STATUS: Inside
The postholder has management, supervisory and work planning for Assets Advisor and additional temporarily assigned external staff and contractors other Staff in the Section.
· To provide senior property advice to Council Members, CMT and to Council Services to include corporate asset management, estate management and valuation services, together with supervisory and other associated functions and duties from time to time on property matters
· To undertake property review and implementation processes, being responsible for identifying and securing a flow of major capital receipts or revenue streams in line with targets to fund the Council's capital programme needs, dealing and liaising as necessary with the Cabinet, lead and other members, Executive Directors, Service Departments and community and user interests
· To deliver and implement asset management policies throughout the Council including management plan submissions, the reporting of asset management planning and corporate strategy to Council Members and the management collection and analysis of all data to support this function
· To dispose and acquire property and to support wholly owned Company arrangements in either boroughs
· Extensive post qualification experience of property matters of a local authority gained in the public/and or private sector and delivering best value.
· Experience in inspecting/surveying a wide range of buildings, undertaking valuations.
· Detailed knowledge and skills in a wide range of property related disciplines and asset management with an ability to apply decision making and option appraisal to effect the best solution
· Providing high level advice to Senior management to aid with decision making
· Fellow/Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
· RIC registered Valuer
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT applications, spreadsheets and databases
· Project management techniques and line management of staff.
· Direct experience of dealing with a range of cases in Landlord and Tenant, Disposals and Acquisitions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and prepare complex reports.
· Ability to understand complex issues and use innovative thinking towards problem solving and taking decisions when advice is not immediately available.
· Able to work with a wide variety of people at all levels and develop constructive relationships with partners and stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to work for a Local Authority in Greater London. We are looking to hire ASAP so please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy