City Of London, Greater London
· Job type
· External Reference
Our client a Law Enforcement organisation is currently recruiting for a Press and Communications Officer, You would need to go through stringent vetting process which can take 1-4 weeks ahead of starting, pay £16.84ph, hours Mon-Fri 36 hours per week, duration 3 months with a possible extension.
We're especially looking for someone with experience of managing and creating content for social media, preferably LinkedIn, and preferably with experience of setting up a profile.
Overview of the role;
Your role will be to promote, explain and defend the clients work to pursue economic crime and protect Britain's interests externally and to use communication to foster and improve inclusion, morale, and the sharing of information and expertise internally.
We are a team of six, and can offer a great many opportunities to work across the full spectrum of communication disciplines and develop a wide range of skills. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic person with excellent judgment and communications skills to join us.
You will work with colleagues at all levels across the client to respond to journalists, brief staff and develop ideas for proactive stories. Additionally, you will play a part in delivering internal communications, developing our social media presence and evaluating activity on an ongoing basis to help inform and improve the wider communications strategy.
· Developing a good understanding of the client, its media profile, and the sensitivity of law enforcement work.
· Drafting press lines and news releases.
· Responding to queries from national, international, regional and specialist media.
· Providing timely media handling and interview advice to senior staff.
· Identifying opportunities to proactively promote the work of the client.
· Developing ideas for digital content.
· Monitoring and evaluating the client's media profile and press office activity.
· Building good relationships with all stakeholders both inside and outside the client.
· Managing the client intranet and external website, together with the rest of the team.
· Writing content for internal audiences.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: annie lindsay