Office and Secretarial - Project Support
· Job type
· External Reference
***PREMISES SUPERVISOR***£10.58ph***ASAP start***Croydon, Surrey***On-going temp contract***
Our Croydon based educational client is urgently recruiting for a Premises Supervisor to join their team on an ongoing temporary basis. The main duties of this job will be to provide an effective premises service for the College to ensure that all students, staff and visitors have a comfortable, clean, safe and well maintained environment in which to learn and work.
This role will be offered on an ongoing temporary basis with possible permanent opportunities. Please bare in mind that this is an educational establishment and the successful candidate will be offered subject to DBS and reference checks.
Shift pattern as below:
ALL WEEK 07:00 - 15:30
Late shift - term time
MON 10:30 - 19:00
TUE 13:00 - 21:30
WED 13:00 - 21:30
THU 13:00 - 21:30
FRI 10:30 - 19:00
L ate shift - school holidays
ALL WEEK 0:30 - 19:00
Duties will include but are not limited to :
· To coordinate the day to day activities, rotas and responsibilities as an active member of the Premises team ensuring that the team work effectively and proactively.
· To record and coordinate a basic programme of building and facilities maintenance, repairs, waste disposal and routine grounds maintenance.
· To coordinate and carry out portering services for the College including the movement of furniture, deliveries, stores and equipment.
· To respond to requests and pro-actively organise and setup College rooms in preparation for teaching, examinations, events, and business activities and meetings.
· To monitor the College's Operations Help-desk and respond to requests for premises work, maintaining effective communication with staff at all times.
· To ensure that all gullies and drains are free from debris and that the College grounds and surrounding areas are free from litter.
· To coordinate and carry out postal and courier services including franking and organising all incoming and outgoing post, managing any issues and necessary repairs to equipment.
· To coordinate and organise College deliveries liaising as necessary with College departments and delivery companies to ensure secure storage and receipt which may involve operating forklift and lifting equipment.
· To coordinate relevant service providers, contractors and suppliers and arranging site visits as necessary.
· To manage the College's waste disposal and recycling programme and any necessary Health & Safety controls.
· To ensure that the College vehicles are maintained to a high standard and assist the Estates and Contracts Manager in coordinating the maintenance, repair and services as necessary.
· To assist with all aspects of College events, including catering, liaising with the Catering Supervisor as necessary to provide a professional service.
· To assist the Incident Controller with emergency evacuations, lock downs and drills to ensure the safety of all College students, staff and visitors.
Think this could be the role for you? Contact Adecco Croydon now on 0208 696 9909 or for more information (please ask for Shirley or Lauren ). Alternatively, please apply online with an up to date CV and a consultant will be in contact soon.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy