Hounslow, Greater London
Public Sector - Revenues & Benefits
· Job type
· External Reference
POLLUTION TECHNICAL OFFICER
MON - FRI 9 - 5PM
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Pollution Technical Officer to work within a Local Authority based in Ealing.
The Pollution Technical Officer purpose will be to;
· To ensure the delivery of the Council's objectives, as defined in agreed Service Plans, in accordance with all Council standards and procedures.
· To ensure the Council's statutory and non-statutory functions under the prevailing legislation, strategies, policies and development plans are implemented
· To deliver a service that has a significant impact to the client community ensuring close co-ordination with related services, in support of a customer-centric organisation.
· To contribute towards the Council's obligations to monitor and improve the quality of the environment in the London Borough of Ealing
The Pollution Technical Officer experience and qualifications;
· Knowledge of the technical and regulatory basis of environmental impact mitigation in the areas of dust, exhaust emissions and noise.
· Ability to implement systems & procedures, including the ability to use a variety of ICT packages
· Ability to manage personal workload and time, and to apply these skills throughout the service
· Ability to plan, manage and implement small-scale projects and to use these skills to assist colleagues on larger scale projects.
· Knowledge of working in partnership with other internal services and external bodies such as voluntary groups, external service providers, private sector partners and government agencies to deliver integrated and improved services.
· Application of the democratic process and the ability to create effective working relationships with Councillors, to drive and prioritise service delivery and improvements.
· Knowledge and application of the Environment Protection Act and associated legislation, and national, regional and local policy relevant to service area including requirements for public consultation.
· Proven communication skills, with the proven ability to present to a diverse range of internal and external audiences using a variety of media and approaches
· Demonstrable effective use of a variety of ICT systems, (e.g. GIS)
Experience of meeting performance targets.
Experience of dealing with performance issues.
Experience of assessing the impact of legislative codes of practice and proactively implementing change.
Experience of Equality's/Diversity issues.
Experience dealing with external agencies to deliver positive outcomes for local.
Experience of undertaking complex technical appraisals or investigations
Experience of delivering competent and professional communication via written and oral presentations both within and external to the organisation
A relevant professional Environmental Degree/Diploma or professional registration certificate as appropriate.
Evidence of continuous professional development
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy