Kingston Upon Thames, Greater London
Construction & Property - Planner
· Job type
· External Reference
JOB TITLE: Planner
LOCATION: Kingston upon Thames
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 3 month contract
PAY RATE: £21 PAYE / £26 Umbrella per hour
IR35 STATUS: Inside
The Council is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for its communities. To do this the Council needs employees who thrive in an agile and networked organisation and who can support continuous improvement within a constructive organisational culture. You will work with relevant officers both within the service, and across the Council and our partners, on a range of professional activities and projects, in line with service priorities and the Council's Corporate Plan.
The purpose of this role is to support the operational needs and delivery outcomes of the Strategic Planning and Infrastructure team, which includes the functions of: Development Management, Planning Enforcement and Spatial Planning. The role can include all aspects of development management and spatial planning work including: planning applications; appeals; enforcement; area-based planning strategies; planning briefs; project work; the preparation and monitoring of the Local Development Framework, supplementary planning guidance and other policies; and helping the public take part in planning and support initiatives such as co-design. The role reports directly to an assigned Lead Officer
This Role Profile is generic to multiple posts within the planning team to reflect the need for staff to be flexible and work across planning disciplines, as may be required, to ensure the necessary outcomes can be achieved. For senior roles it may be necessary for staff to specialise their professional knowledge around one element of planning (i.e. Development Management or Planning Policy). This is reflected in the Career Grade Structure.
· To process applications for planning permission and listed building applications, and applications for consent to display advertisements.
· To undertake all necessary consultations, site visits, appraisal of proposals and negotiations with applicants and objectors on planning and other applications.
· To prepare reports on planning and other applications.
· To undertake investigation of complaints about alleged planning contraventions.
· To prepare statements for Written Representation Appeals (Planning and Enforcement) and to assist or undertake the preparation and presentation of evidence at Public Inquiries and Hearings.
· To contribute to the development of area-based strategies, planning and urban design site briefs and other Supplementary Planning Documents and to engaging the public in their production.
· To help process significant applications for planning permission and assist in the preparation and presentation of evidence.
· To prepare committee reports and other papers and assist in their presentation.
· To assist in other planning and development projects and research and analysis as required
· To assist with the preparation of the Local Plan and other planning policy documents dealing with specific areas, topics or Neighbourhoods.
· Contribute to topic papers, planning briefs and other material required as part of corporate policy development.
· To contribute to the necessary programme of survey, analysis, and policy generation associated with the preparation of planning policies.
· To assist with public participation exercises.
· To contribute to monitoring of the development of the Borough and Neighbourhoods and prepare related statistics.
· To give advice on the policy implications of planning applications.
· To prepare written evidence in respect of planning and enforcement appeals and other related matters and to present evidence at public inquires, informal hearings and court hearings as required.
· To monitor breaches of planning control, planning obligations and agreements, and planning conditions.
· To investigate reported breaches of planning control, including changes of land use, gypsy incursions, works to protect trees, works to listed buildings, and breaches of advertising regulations having regard to agreed priorities.
· To obtain evidence and prepare statements for prosecutions, mindful of the provisions of relevant areas of law.
· To respond to complainants, lawyers, agents, Councillors and land owners regarding apparent breaches of planning control
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Emily Day