£ 16 - £ 18 / Hourly
Accountancy & Finance - Payroll
· Job type
· External Reference
My Client is looking for an experience Payroll Assistant to join their team in Bootle. This is a great temporary opportunity with the potential to be ongoing for the right person.
The main responsibility of this role is to oversee the day to day payroll processes and operations, ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of payments to the Authority's 1,000 employees.
Hours:35 hours pw
· To undertake and supervise payroll administration for monthly payrolls, complying with all policies, procedures, practices, financial regulations and standing orders.
· To ensure a correct understanding and application of statutory regulations in respect of income tax, pension, national insurance, SMP/SPP/SSP and any other relevant payroll related legislation.
· To apply conditions of service accurately in relation to salaries.
· Provide advice and guidance to colleagues
· To assist the Payroll Manager in monitoring and evaluating existing procedures and aiding with the implementation of new processes
· To be chiefly responsible for running the payroll systems processes to BACS, payslip output.
· To supervise team members and oversee processing and validation of all overtime allowance claims ensuring procedures are maintained and deadlines met.
· To provide advice to employees and the resolve any issues
· To liaise and communicate with departmental managers
· To collate and provide information by means of the payroll systems Report Writer.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role please apply.
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employee
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Eleanor Crummey