£ 28000 - £ 30000 / Year
HR, Sales and Management - Human Resource
· Job type
· External Reference
Payroll Specialist (8 month FTC)
Position : Payroll Specialist
Location : Harlow
Salary/Rate : £30,000 per annum (£22,399 Pro-rata)
Type : Part Time, FTC: 28 to 30-hour week
Adecco Harlow are currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist on behalf of our long-term client. The successful candidate will preferably have 3+ years' experience running payroll in-house.
Purpose of the role
To work alongside the current Payroll Specialist, taking shared responsibility and ownership of payroll and the benefits operations for our client and around 800 employees.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage the complete operation of the company's payroll monthly, ensuring new starters are added, processing leavers and changes to job roles,
· Communicate with the insurance company to provide information on new starters/ leavers throughout the year,
· Prepare and submit all required reports to the HMRC as appropriate,
· Produce reports and information for stakeholders within the business,
· Ensure that compensation changes are applied and correctly adjusted, and manual back pay calculations are completed,
· Oversee quarterly and half yearly bonuses whilst ensuring that the correct pension or non-pension requests are applied,
· Manage data requests and ensure that the appropriate deductions are made in respect of unpaid leave, overtime, bonuses and additional payments,
· Oversee the upload off pensions and contributions to the pension providers,
· Maintain accurate employee information in the payroll database at all times,
· Manage the benefit changes in regards to the cycle to work scheme, childcare, car allowance, healthcare and pensions,
· Answer payroll and HR queries,
· Complete drafts for all internal process documentation that relate to the monthly payroll.
The ideal candidate would have experience in the below categories:
· Have 3 years'+ experience in-house payroll experience,
· Strong working knowledge with Excel including formulas, v-lookups and pivot tables
· Experience running full month end processes (pension uploads, accruals, yearend process)
· Pension regulation knowledge (auto enrolment)
· Knowledge on payroll systems (ADP Freedom would be beneficial)
· Attention to detail
· Computer literate
· Financial/ analytical skills
Payroll Specialist / Wages Clerk / In- House Payroll / HR
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfill the role requirements for this position. The Adecco group is a global company with more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world. The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy