Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Hotel, Hospitality & Catering Management
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
· Looking for a Night porter to work in this City Centre Hotel, to start immediately. 32 hours a week working 4 days out of 7 (3 days off together) the job will be approx 12 weeks long.
· Duties include:Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner working throughout all areas of the hotel including reception, bar and meeting rooms during night shift
· Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location
· Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
· Up-sell rooms where possible to maximise hotel revenue
· Answer, record and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
· Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
· Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures and complete night audit
· Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
· Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behaviour to the supervisor or manager on duty
· May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes
· Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
· Perform other duties as assigned including meeting room setting, preparing & serving food & beverage and cleaning .
In order to be successful attaining this role, you must:
· Have experience in a customer facing role (essential), with over 1 years' experience and hotel experience preferred
· Be passionate about people and service
· Have strong communication skills (essential) when interacting with guests and employees
· Have reading and writing abilities which are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
· Have basic math skills that are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
· Have good problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities
· Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and/or holidays
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy