£ 37000 - £ 40000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Machinery Service & Maintenance
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Adecco Cramlington are delighted to represent their client in a search for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician on a permanent basis. Should you find yourself at risk in your current role, or seek a new opportunity, please see the job specifications below:
The Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician -
Salary and Benefits: Salary £37,000 pa + Shift Allowance
Hours 37 hours Rotating - Working day shift Mon to Thurs 07.00 - 15.30 Fri 07.00 - 12.00 midday
(Flexibility for Cover is necessary - call out on a rota between team and can be provided at interview)
Duties to include;
Preventative maintenance on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Would involve shift working, working overtime and respond to call outs as required in line with the remit of the post.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Design, promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance
* Carry out Reactive Maintenance
* Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose
* Installation of new and re positioning of existing machines and equipment
* Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines including-
· CNC Lathes
· Automatic Welding Machine
· Hydraulic Testing Machine
· Paint Spraying Equipment
* Able to read hydraulic drawings and fault find hydraulic systems
* Able to weld, burn and fabricate
* Installation of mechanical and hydraulic systems
* Actively promote safe working practices
* Work with and Coordinate Contractors
* Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications
* Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts
* Where a detailed specification is not provided determine the cause of the fault and then undertake the most cost effective solution to remedy the defect.
* Effective Communication - keeping Management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
* Any other duty as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post and the skill of the post holder.
What are we looking for in an individual?
* Time Served
* Experience working in a similar position
* Qualified to a minimum of ONC or HNC�
* Current knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
* CNC knowledge
* Mechanical, Hydraulics, Pneumatics knowledge
* Quick Learner who can work with minimum supervision
* Systematic approach to problem solving, practical in finding appropriate solutions
* Good Team Player
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Summer Walker