Medical & Health - Medical Secretary
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Our client based in North Liverpool is looking for a Medical Secretary to their fast-paced team.
This role will initially be for 3 - 6 months and may possibly be extended.
You will be required to work within a team of 3 other Medical Secretaries and support 2 Consultants.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
· To ensure a comprehensive secretarial service within the Trust, ensure and maintaining quality standards and confidentiality always.
· Using the Trust dictation system, transcribing clinic letters, discharging letters, as well as medical reports, references and general correspondence whilst adhering to confidentiality standards.
· Ensuring that clinic letters are sent out within time limits to General Practitioners and other associated professionals.
· Book patient follow up appointments as required, and ensure all appointment outcomes are recoded on the in-house system in a proficient and timely manner.
· In addition to this, schedule and book patient admissions, as well as re-arranging cancellations and liaising with bed managers as required.
· Organising the consultant's diary both manually and electronically. This includes booking of consultant's annual leave.
· Liaise with colleagues, Clinicians, Divisional Management Teams, Patients, Relatives and carers, Medical Records, Satellite staff, GP's and Ambulance Services.
· On a weekly basis ensure all admission and operation lists are sent manually and electronically to the necessary departments within a reasonable time limit.
· Organising urgent appointments for rapid access clinics, including short notice return appointments.
· Be on hand to provide advice and information in regards to the booking of admissions and appointments. The partial booking system of patients should be adhered to, to provide choice for patients.
· Ensure that Waiting lists, Suspended outpatient lists etc. are validated on a regular basis and kept accurate and up to date.
The skills and attributes required for this role include, but are not limited to:
· Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision
· Able prioritise workload
· Proficient IT skills
· Able to maintain accurate patient information
· Ability to adhere to the Data Protection Act and national / local guidelines concerning patient confidentiality
· Knowledge and experience of medical terminology is desirable
· Word Processing skills
· Audio tying skills
· Previous experience as a Medical Secretary or similar is essential for this role
· Shorthand skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Willingness to undertake further training as required
· Ability to withstand pressure of work
· Able to work flexibly to achieve the hours and duties required within the post
Adecco aim to respond to all applicant's, however due to the large volume of applications we receive this may not always be possible. Should you not receive a response within five working days please accept this as notification that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy