Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Production
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Adecco are proud to be recruiting for a Materials Handler for a large company in Ashford, as part of their Warehouse team you will ensure that service levels are maintained to a high level of accuracy and efficiency. You will be compliant with all policies and procedures at all times whilst working efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
· Meet efficiency targets, recognise issues and inform appropriate people.
· Drive all Mechanical Handling Equipment and follow procedures to put goods away and pick all order types.
· Process production returns and deal with anomalies.
· Receive finished goods, correct anomalies and communicate to the relevant departments.
· Samples components & Raw Materials following written procedures.
· Receive goods in: book in components / raw materials as directed
· Make system location queries.
· Adjust Quality Assurance and other samples via SAP
· Investigate status of orders or move/errors and take appropriate actions to resolve.
· Export information to Excel from SAP. Update KPIs.
· Comprehensive knowledge of all Warehouse tasks and operations.
· Highlight appropriate issues and complete shift handover accurately and on time.
· Participate in the training program of operators.
· Be a coach and mentor to all Operators.
· Comprehensive understanding of the Warehouse Management System
· Carry out daily fault finding procedure.
· Comprehensive understanding of all training documents, Risk Assessments, and procedures relevant to the role.
· Carry out tasks in an efficient manner ensuring our service objectives are met.
· Ensure a smooth flow of materials from Goods In to the stock holding aisle.
· Ensure weekly cycle count tasks are completed in a timely manner.
· Support the development programs of others.
· Attend and participate in lean activities.
· Keeps up with new developments in their field.
· Good knowledge of logistics and stock control.
· Deep knowledge and understanding of warehouse environment.
· Good understanding and conformity of Health & Safety.
· Good knowledge of shipping.
· Comprehensive knowledge of SAP WM module.
THE IDEAL FIT
· A team player who can support the site in a calm and measured manner.
· Good communication skills with a logical approach
· Experience in a related role within Warehousing
You will be paid £17,500 and this is a 1 year FTC with numerous shifts available: nights, early shift, late shift and weekends.
Please apply or call 01233 646632 if interested.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy