Leeds, West Yorkshire
Transport & Logistics - Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Material & Logistics / Handler
6 month contract
Adecco UK are recruiting on behalf of our prestigious manufacturing client for a Material & Logistics Handler.
Reporting to the Head of Production, you will support the movement of incoming and outgoing goods operations and material flows, help production lines to operate at maximum efficiency and ensure they are always well fed with material to avoid bottlenecks or delays in the process.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Movement of incoming & outgoing goods
· Movement and preparation of materials as necessary to support production activities.
· Movement, packing & kitting out of components within the warehouse
· Checking of general stock levels & responsibility to keep them in good order
· Booking in & checking off incoming goods
· Locating all stock within the warehouse / racking and keeping the warehouse in good order
· Packing & shipping of deliveries to customers & suppliers
· Kitting of all BoMs both for service jobs & for direct customer orders
· Booking of all haulage companies to collect from or deliver goods to the factory
· Recycle (and/or reuse) waste / consumable materials in accordance with Company requirements.
· Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
· Understand, implement, and comply with the Rail Systems HSQE policies.
· Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
· Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
· Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
· Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions
· Take ownership and responsibility for one or more H,S & E related tasks within a zone/s; if appropriate take responsibility of H,S & E designated Zone.
· Significant experience in a warehouse / stock control environment mandatory
· Familiar with MS office and stock control software & good general computer literacy mandatory
· Forklift (Counterbalance / Flexi) Truck license mandatory
· Stacker Truck license highly desirable
· Background in an engineering environment preferable
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Jonathan Jones