£ 38000 - £ 43000 / Year
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Mechanical Engineering
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Mechanical/Electrical / Commercial Maintenance
£38,000 - £43,000
Adecco are recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join a hugely successful client in Trafford Park to help maintain their plant machinery and equipment.
The role requirements are to maintain plant and equipment with the goal to eliminate downtime, ensure asset life and implement continuous improvements in line with all plant priorities in a safe and efficient manor.
Proven experience in an Engineering environment from an electrical/mechanical background is required in order to be considered for this role.
· PPMs (Preventative Planned Maintenance), Defect and Breakdown maintenance within the plant, ensuring that Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
· Equipment experience to include, but not limited to: Automated conveyor systems, motors and gearboxes, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, powered hand tools, safety control systems, robots, PLC/HMI (Program Logic Controllers / Human Machine Interface), Control panels & paint systems.
· Involved and lead continuous improvement projects.
· Maintain, issue and control, plant and equipment spares and consumable stocks.
· Continually seek ways to improve all processes and procedures in practice relating to the maintenance of equipment, in line with Health & Safety processes.
· Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and make decisions when required.
· Issue work permits and supervision of contractors.
Act as a mentor and provide expert support to developing machine minders.
· At least Level 2 or similar in an electrical discipline.
City and Guilds, apprenticeship, HND, HNC or similar in an engineering-related discipline.
· 17th Edition wiring regulations.
· PLC qualifications
· Leadership qualifications
· Strong electrical and mechanical skills with experience and understanding in both disciplines.
· Ability to resolve problems in a calm and safe manner.
· Strong fault finding with a methodical approach.
· Efficient and flexible approach to work.
· Effective ability to influence other departments.
· Methodical and thorough style of working.
· PLC programming Allen Bradley, desirable but not essential.
· Understand safety procedures and regulations inc. PUWER, LOLER, HASAWA.
· Keen to develop and progress in a structured environment.
Excellent benefits are offered by the client as well as an excellent training programme and progression opportunities.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Sharn Harper