£ 20000 - £ 25000 / Year
Construction & Property - Rapairs and maintenance Co-ordinator
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
We are looking for an experienced, multi-skilled Maintenance Operative to join the in-house team to undertake day to day planned and reactive maintenance and repairs in our Head Office, commercial office premises and student accommodation buildings within Liverpool City Centre.
We are an award-winning leading developer, owner and operator of bespoke, luxury student accommodation, residential and commercial property across the UK. We have been operating for over 30 years and currently have 19 operational student accommodation schemes in 9 major cities, with additional impressive projects currently under construction.
The Maintenance Operative will work 40 hours a week, either 8am - 5pm or 9am - 6pm from Monday to Friday and 8am - 5pm on a Saturday on a rota'd shift basis, with cover for weekends as required and to support around student check in weekends. Where a Saturday is worked you will receive a day off in lieu the following week.
The Maintenance Operative will:
· Monitor onsite contracts and oversee work to ensure it is completed to a high standard.
· Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks.
· Undertake regular patrols around the building to identify any health and safety risks.
· Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that are reported by customers either online or in person.
· Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, including gas safety inspections, lightening protection systems, fall arrest systems, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification.
· Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, including Permit to Work and hot works permits
· Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner.
· Carry out general repairs around the building including reception areas, bathrooms, customer flats, common areas, kitchens etc to a high standard.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
· Previous experience in general maintenance within a residential or commercial setting.
· A relevant qualification in either plumbing, electrical systems or joinery would be advantageous.
· Have a thorough understanding of H&S regulations.
· A good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
· First class communication skills with the ability to uphold a high level of Customer Service that we are renowned for.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact James Kerfoot