Description de l'offre
Birmingham, West Midlands
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Manufacturing
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Adecco have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Controller to join our client who is one of the largest industrial Manufacturing Companies in Europe.
Hours : Shifts - days and nights
Location : Birmingham
Salary: £28.00 per hour
As a Maintenance Controller you will be responsible for the effective and safe operation of maintenance control, providing first line technical support over the phone to operational staff and managing failures and serious incidents on the rail network.
· Act as Maintenance Controller in maintenance control, managing in service faults and failures, planning depot maintenance requirements and providing first line technical assistance to operations staff.
· Manage and co-ordinate main line defects, failures and serious incidents.
· Ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with Rail Group Standards
· Agree and authorise maintenance concessions on behalf of the Customer.
· Ensure satisfactory close out of safety related traction and rolling stock incidents.
· Management and control of relevant fleet downloads and electronic data.
· Maintain fleet competence and fault finding skills.
· Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff.
· Provide technical guidance to assist Line of Route maintenance staff (including Technical Riding Inspectors).
· Carry out Technical Riding Inspector duties when required.
· Plan scheduled and out of course depot maintenance requirements.
· Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety Incidents/Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
· Ensure that all reporting IT systems are updated in a precise and efficient manner.
· Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
· Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
· Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
· Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
· Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
· Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions.
· Sitting at the customer site, maintain a professional image of the company and develop good relationships to ensure opportunity for future business.
· Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme.
· Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
· Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
· Ensure awareness and understanding of compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
The Skills & Experience required for this role:
· HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
· Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
· Advanced knowledge of IT systems / software
· Collaboration & Influencing
· Intercultural Sensitivity
· Team Development
· Value Orientation
· Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock allocated to the depot
· Change Management
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer .If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy