Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 21000 - £ 24000 / Year
Legal - Legal Secretarial
· Job type
· External Reference
Are you an experienced Legal PA that has previously supported Partners or Senior Management? Do you have experience within Probate? Like keeping busy and enjoy a fast-paced environment? If so, then this could be the perfect role for you!
My client, a prestigious legal firm based in the heart of Birmingham, is currently looking for an experienced Legal PA to join their amazing organisation.
To provide a full personal assistant / secretarial service to the Probate Department
· Competitive salary - up to £24,000
· Great holiday package - 23+8 bank holiday days
· City Centre location - very accessible
· Great team environment
Duties to include:
· Audio copy typing/digital audio typing
· Preparing, formatting and amending documents
· Diary and inbox management
· Collating court bundles
· Liaising with key clients and attending meetings
· Drafting letters & correspondence on behalf of the Partner with minimal supervision
· Any other ad-hoc administrative support
· Assist with Partner's electronic diary, making appointments and meetings on their behalf and undertaking telephone liaison as necessary.
· Organise and prompt Partner regarding appointments, deadlines and follow-ups.
· Answer the general day to day calls for the Birmingham Office generally and place call with the appropriate person
· Deal with routine enquires and correspondence.
· Ensure meeting rooms are booked and reserved for all meetings required by the Private Client Department
· Undertake word processing from dictation and copy typing to produce letters, memos and reports.
· Take and produce minutes of internal meetings as required.
· Raise invoices and bills for the department and ensure time recording corresponds with the amount billed.
· Field and filter call's for the Partner, however ensure that messages are taken and relayed and ensure call backs are actioned.
· Scan all daily post on the firms case management system to the relevant client matter.
· Undertake general office duties such as photocopying, faxing, franking of post, sewing or binding of documents as required
· Maintain electronic and manual filing system for fee earner.
· Provide administration support in other areas that may be required during absences
· Record and report any incident or complaint informing the Practice Manager or Senior Partner in the first instance.
· Undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the level and responsibilities of the post.
· Participate in statutory and other training and development opportunities.
· Adhere to the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy.
· To work in harmony with all other personnel and to communicate in an open and courteous manner with colleagues, clients and the general public.
· Previous experience in a similar role is essential
· Knowledge and experience within the Legal sector is a must!
· Experience within Probate
· 65 words per minute typing speed
· Proficient with IT systems - MS Office
· Proactive in your approach
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Process Driven
· Ability to deliver at maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ability to maintain up to date skills and knowledge: commitment to lifelong learning.
Interviews are taking place asap. If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Rehana Begum