Public Sector - Public Sector Projects & Programmes
· Job type
· External Reference
JOB TITLE: Joint Strategic Commissioner
PAY RATE: £50 per hour (Umbrella)
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 4-5 month contract
IR35 STATUS: Inside
Bromley Council's People Department are seeking to recruit a temporary (4-5 months) outcome driven commissioner who can work at pace, innovatively and collaboratively. You will lead on developing and delivering the strategies and the associated commissioning and delivery plans; service redesign, market shaping, coproduction, tendering and contract management. The role is focussed upon commissioning services for adults with an emphasis upon learning disabilities. This experience may have been gathered within a local authority and/or NHS and/or voluntary sector setting.
· The end to end strategic delivery of integrated commissioning, transformation and service improvement activity programmes/projects across the London Borough of Bromley (LBB) Council's Education, Care and Health portfolio and NHS Bromley CCG (CCG) - with a particular focus on health and social care for children and adults
· To provide senior programme leadership across a portfolio of commissioning and transformation projects and lead cross-functional project teams to ensure the delivery of improved service outcomes, value for money and financial savings.
· To provide cross-cutting commissioning and commercial expertise at each stage of the commissioning cycle.
· To ensure that commissioning and transformation activity provides solutions that reflects local needs and drivers.
· To support the Head of Service and the Joint LBB & CCG Directors of Integrated Commissioning in the design and delivery of the integrated health and social care arrangements between LBB and CCG
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· To apply best practice in the management of commissioning and invest to save projects across the whole commissioning cycle contributing to the LBB and Bromley CCG forward plans.
· Lead on commissioning activity and negotiations with providers, working closely with service leads, Procurement colleagues and contract managers.
· Work in partnership with internal and external partners, local communities and provider markets, engaging them in the co-design of commissioning processes
· Devise service specifications for commissioned services including outcome based performance metrics that support service quality and value for money.
· Present information that, explains what we do and why in an, appropriate way to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Write and present reports and engage across all levels of governance within both organisations including LBB Members and CCG Board Members
· Develop, co-produce and implement Service and Commissioning Strategies
· To use project management techniques to lead on projects, incorporating project planning, costing, benefits analysis, scheduling, monitoring, risk management and reporting in accordance with the Council's approved Programme and Project Management Framework. To produce project plans and, where appropriate, chair or support, a project board.
· To lead or work with other Strategic Commissioners within the Portfolio of identified
· To manage staff and other resources and budgets assigned to a project such as, operational managers, accountants, care managers, change consultants, trainers, the Council and CCG's contractors ; ensuring that they are keeping within timescales and budgets.
· To contribute to matrix management of
· To ensure that projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and appropriate action Produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
· To lead on the scoping, analysis and understanding of new business requirements to improve processes and
· Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Department / Section.
· Strong understanding of project management development and delivery
· Knowledge of the range of issues pertaining to adult social care, supporting transition, public health, children's social care and education services; and health and social care integration
· Understanding of the key issues facing local government including the pressures on health and social care
· Understanding of the principles of co-production and co-design of public services
· Experience of managing change projects
· Substantive experience of leading commissioning projects through all stages of the commissioning cycle
· Experience of working with partners, providers and communities to co-design service delivery models
· Experience of working within adult social care, supporting transition, public health, children's social care and education services; and health and social care integration with substantive experience in at least two of these areas
· Experience of working either within a CCG or working alongside CCG partners, ideally as part of developing health and social care integration
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Emily Day