£ 10.08 - £ 12.13 / Hourly
Public Sector - Public Sector IT
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco Chester are currently recruiting on behalf of Cheshire Constabulary for an IT Service Desk Agent to join their in-house team to deliver a high level of 1st line IT support.
We are seeking a motivated, customer-focused individual to deliver first class support over the phone and by email to the varied workforce.
Post holders will provide a 'Service Desk' function for the Force's IT systems, taking phone calls directly from customers or from indirect sources (e.g. mailboxes), and providing excellent levels of service and customer care in the delivery of (first line) support services.
Full training is provided, however applicants must be able to:
- Communicate in a professional and friendly manner to customers at all levels of rank and seniority
- Be able to problem solve
- Have a good level of general IT knowledge and be a confident IT user
- Some knowledge and skills in customer service delivery
- Some understanding and practical application of Service Desk technology, Windows, Microsoft Office, Lotus Note
- Some knowledge and understanding of Information Technology (systems, services, applications etc)
· Significant knowledge and skills in customer service delivery
· Significant understanding and practical application of Service Desk technology, Windows, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes
· Significant knowledge and understanding of Information Technology (systems, services, applications etc)
· Understanding of policing and policing activities.
We have temporary positions available with the view to go permanent.
Working hours are Monday to Friday on a day shift pattern - 0700 - 1500, 0830 - 1600, 0900 - 1700
The successful applicant will be required to undertake and pass a thorough police vetting check.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Francesca Williams