Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
Public Sector - Public Sector Projects & Programmes
· Job type
· External Reference
JOB TITLE: Investment & Strategy Analyst (VCFS)
PAY RATE: £24 per hour (via LTD Company)
START DATE: W/C 12/08 or 19/08
DURATION: 8 weeks
IR35 STATUS: Outside
We want to better understand the spend the council has with the voluntary, community and fait sector (VCFS) and recommend a system to monitor this going forward. This information is necessary to inform the council's future spending and budgeting decisions around grants and commissions with the sector, and to inform a new strategy/approach to working with the VCFS to enable stronger communities in Surrey.
· Description/scope of work
Work with service leads, procurement and finance officers to ascertain a detailed breakdown/analysis of the council's total spend with the voluntary, community and faith sector (VCFS) in Surrey. This will involve both a technical/financial investigation and review as well as conversations with commissioners, grant managers and directors about directorates' approaches to funding and working with the sector.
Carry out a full process review of how information is loaded into council systems, recorded and drawn down.
Recommend steps for improvement and advice on an approach to capturing the data in an easy way going forward and the steps needed to achieve this, including capturing charity numbers of commissioned VCFS (to form part of the Finance Improvement Programme).
Ascertain the number of registered charities in Surrey and analyse the shape of the sector, trends and key features for the last 5years.
· End to end process based and technical review of how VCFS finances are processed and recorded
· Recommend system improvements/new system to enable ongoing reporting of VCFS spend
· Ensure this is linked in to the SAP improvement/upgrade work
· Full understanding of the VCFS spend for the county council
· Break down by the different service areas
· Breakdown of the types of spend and amounts related to this
· Download from the Charity Commission, and analysis of, the registered charities in Surrey
· Ascertain size and income of the sector
· Trends around new charities and ones that have closed
· Performance/quality standards and acceptance criteria
· Description on the ways in which payments are processed, the different systems, entry points, process points, points of error.
· Highlighting process points that need to change to prevent errors.
· Recommending what steps need to be taken and what system/process needs to be implemented that allows easy reporting on VCFS spend and how this links to existing technical reviews.
· Spend analysis report.
· Report on the state of the registered charities in Surrey over the last 5 years.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy