Romford, Greater London
IT - Helpdesk, Technical Support
· Job type
· External Reference
To perform first line fault resolution on IT equipment and to use and implement standards and policies to benefit the workings of the councils (Havering and Newham) as an agent on the IT Service Centre.
* To install, upgrade, support and maintain computer systems, mobile devices, application and system software operated by the council and to provide to provide an installation, support and diagnostic service.
* Delivering excellent customer service advice and IT support.
* Ensuring that requests for assistance are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures
* Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
* Providing on-site support for users.
· Delivering excellent customer service advice and IT support.
· Ensuring that requests for assistance are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures
· Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
· Providing on-site support for users.
· Follow all council and ICT policies and procedures.
· Participate in any out of hours on call rota system, covering flexibly between 8am and 6pm.
· Maintain and represent the image of Newham ICT within the Council and to promote the Council and its aims in public.
· Answer telephone calls, take messages for other staff and chase customers regarding their work.
· Applies tools, techniques and processes for administering information (such as the tracking and logging of components and changes) related to configuration items.
· Maintaining excellent customer relationships with our users.
· Provide a fault diagnostic service using the selected ICT system. When necessary to assign calls to the appropriate ICT support team or third party support team, providing accurate and detailed information of the fault in question.
· Configuration of mobile devices including tablets and mobile phones
· Following agreed procedures, performs simple installations, replaces consumable items, checks correct working of installations, and documents and reports on work done.
Investigates minor security breaches in accordance with established procedures. Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges, and operates agreed logical access controls and security systems
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Charlotte St.Clair