Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 24000 - £ 26000 / Year
HR, Sales and Management - HR Advisor
· Job type
Charity and Not-for-profit
· External Reference
We are recruiting for an HR Officer on behalf of a well-respected local charity based in south Birmingham, providing a range of services for older people including sheltered and independent housing, care homes with nursing, as well as welfare guidance and a handyperson scheme.
This is a 6-month fixed term contract, with the very likely possibility of extension. Office hours are Mon-Thurs, 8.30-4.30pm and Fri 8.30-3.30pm though flexible working is possible. There is free on-site parking and a train station within walking distance to the office. Ideally you will have exposure to working within the charity or care sector, and experience managing or recruiting volunteers is advantageous.
Main Responsibilities :
· Provide HR routine support services to managers and staff in line with HR external Advisory service and policies and procedures
· Liaise with the Finance team to ensure maintenance of staff pay awards, pay and benefits
· Keep up-to-date with employment law and advise staff as appropriate
· Minute taking in meetings with employees; supporting ER case work with own independent case work
· Prepare recruitment campaigns liaising with relevant staff/ departments, and support on boarding processes and procedures
· Advise on Immigration policies for UK and checking right to work documentation in line with Home Office guidelines
· Administer contracts of employment, variations and terminations, recommending courses of action
· Monitor and review the recruitment and selection of staff
· Deal with and maintain the required information for the administration of DBS records
· Processing starters and leavers
· Ensure staff are aware of pensions, healthcare schemes and staff benefits
· Arrange and contribute to the corporate induction programme promoting the values and ethos of the organisation among new employees
· Support the coordination of a training programme with management to ensure the smooth delivery of staff training in line with statutory, mandatory and specialist /regulatory requirements
· Advise in the review and evaluation of training providers
· Oversee arrangements for staff survey and related staff engagement tools.
· Maintain and audit the staff database and providing reports on staff turnover, absence, holidays, sickness, performance management and HR reports as and when required
· Assist managers in undertaking daily HR activities by monitoring necessary tools, systems and updates
· Undertake HR activities in relation to grievance, disciplinary and redundancy processes in line with the Staff Handbook.
· Undertake any other ad hoc HR and administrative duties as needed by the business and team from time to time
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures relevant to the service.
· Approachable, professional and committed with a "can-do" attitude and flexibility with taking on additional duties as required
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to work alone, and as part of team
· Able to prioritise workload and use initiative
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
· High standard of written documentation, and previous experience of producing professional and robust letters and reports
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Experience of Human Resources/ Personnel administration/ Employment law
· Experience of using an HR system
· Experience of collating and producing reports and complex employment contracts/ correspondence/HR reports
· Knowledge and experience of IT applications e.g. Excel and general office practices
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please apply with your CV to: Lyahna Tulloch