Birmingham, West Midlands
HR, Sales and Management - HR Advisor
· Job type
Sales and Retail
· External Reference
Excellent Opportunity Available
Competitive salary based on experience
38 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are recruiting for a HR Advisor to work for a friendly and well-known company based in Birmingham. This is a permanent and full-time position supporting the Head of HR in providing an efficient, effective and commercial HR function whilst continually striving to promote excellence within the department and improving HR service levels.
· 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
Employee discount up to 50%
· Health cash plan available
· Free parking
· Company Pension
Role and responsibilities:
· To work closely with all management across the business, assisting line managers to understand and implement policy and procedure.
· Assisting and advising on employee relations issues
· Providing advice to managers on policies and procedures
· Contribute to the development; implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures and the company handbook based on relevant legislation
· Proactively assisting line managers in managing absence in line with company policy
· Providing advice to employees and managers on general HR issues
· Conducting investigations, disciplinary hearings and grievances
· Advising and supporting managers throughout informal and formal procedures including disciplinary, grievance, capability, redundancy and the conduct of sickness absence review meetings ensuring adherence to Company policies
· Manage the Long Term Sickness process and give advice on Reasonable adjustments in order to establish a successful return to work.
· To be involved and conduct staff recruitment, including developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing and sifting CV's, selecting and interviewing of candidates.
· Actively search for candidates through job boards and social media platforms
· Building relationships with recruitment agencies
· Create job offers and contracts
· Complete all new-recruit paperwork with candidates.
· Responsible for the organisation of Agency staff by liaising with the Agency Companies and Warehouse Management including the completion of time sheets
The ideal candidate:
· Proven track record in a HR Generalist role - at least 3 years of experience
· Good working knowledge of Excel
· Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
· Confident in managing ER cases from start to finish
· Strong interpersonal and communication skill
· You must hold a full driving license and be able to travel across the country to support with any ER or recruitment requirements when required.
Please apply to the above role and a member of our team will contact you directly. For further information about the role please contact 0121 354 2749 and speak to a member of the Adecco team.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact naomi uwamungu