Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a member of staff to work in a Housing Department based in a Local Authority in Croydon.
Key Duties Include:
· To manage the day to day appointments including cancelling, rescheduling and booking ad hoc walk in appointments.
· To obtain any information the customer has omitted from their application
· To allocate cases and create case files on the relevant systems.
· To use council systems (CRM, OHMs, SharePoint) to check whether there has been a previous approach
· Manage the post and ensure documents are passed to the relevant officer/team or redirected as appropriate.
· Support Triage Officers to prioritise appointments and obtain information about customers housing circumstances.
· To carry out all duties including other duties as required in compliance with the Council's Equal Opportunities policy to ensure that service delivery is maintained upholding the highest standards of behaviour
· To carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required of the role.
The successful candidate must:
· Have experience of working with directly with customers in a front line service.
· Ability to organise own workload effectively, within agreed deadline and prioritise urgent cases.
· Ability to work under pressure with customers who may exhibit challenging behaviour.
· Good level of written and oral communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Able to provide a caring and responsive service to customers, listening and understanding their individual needs and concerns and addressing them as far as possible within the given resource constraints.
· Able to maintain professional relationships with customers.
· The ability to work as part of team in a stressful quick paced environment, to be able to make decisions quickly and appropriately.
· The ability to work unsupervised
** Please apply with your CV and note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted **
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy